lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #1
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How do you wash your ICON?

What's up people!

Im switching to my first electric cart, Icon i40, and was wondering how do you guys wash/clean your carts. With my old yamaha (gas) cart, i would just wash it the same way i wash my truck, (hose, bucket of soap etc), obviously being careful not to hose the "sensitive areas", but in an electric cart, i am thinking it ALL might be "sensitive"?

Please share your how-to and warnings.

Thank you.
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: How do you wash your ICON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
What's up people!

Im switching to my first electric cart, Icon i40, and was wondering how do you guys wash/clean your carts. With my old yamaha (gas) cart, i would just wash it the same way i wash my truck, (hose, bucket of soap etc), obviously being careful not to hose the "sensitive areas", but in an electric cart, i am thinking it ALL might be "sensitive"?

Please share your how-to and warnings.

Thank you.
Fun question here...

Avoiding the electronics underneath the seat..I use a hose to sinse off the
top then the lower body the windshield, the dash instrument panel with a
very gentle setting on the hose handle (no problems doing this ), then the wheels.

I start with the windshield then the roof with Meguairs car wash using microfiber hand glove then the body rinse the whole cart..then the wheels,
finally the wheel wells.

I use microfiber soft towels to dry ...roof then with fresh unused microfiber
soft towel on windshield very very gently to avoid the minute spider track
scratches that will show up under certain lighting conditions. I use the same
towel used on windshield to dry instrument panel.

There is a specific product called Brillianize.

https://www.amazon.com/Brillianize-o...s%2C195&sr=8-7

Specifically formulated to not leave any spider scratches ...so far has
performed as described.

I use Meguires car polish on the body..

Hope this helps..

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

If any suggestions on how to clean the accumulated road dust and dirt
from off of the the electronics under the seat please chime in...

Me needs help figuring this out..

Thanks in advance..

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #4
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

At work we have EZGo Carts, about 80-90 of them and the mechanic uses the water hose and 50# steam to clean the carts, even the battery and surround areas as well. Im sure he does this because he didnt pay for the carts nor will he have to pay for something if it messes up but truth be told, its never caused a single permanent issue. The only issue that happens every once in a while is the cart wont move or make the back up alarm sound after hosing it off but after he uses compressed air to dry the batteries and pedal assembly area it starts working again.

With that said when i wash my personal cart at home i use my electric pressure washer to do so. Lightly wet the exterior, then attach my foam cannon, wash, rinse then dry with a microfiber towel and a product called Bead Maker.

For the battery area i quickly fan the pressure washer over the batteries then blow most of the water off the batteries and surrounding areas then finish drying with a microfiber tower and Bead Maker.

I only used the pressure washer once, it was right after i first got the cart and the undercarriage was a little dirty. I havnt gotten the cart dirty enough to use the method mention above again but would not hesitate to do so.

Each time before taking it out i spend 1-2 mins giving it a few sprays with Bead Maker and wiping it do with a microfiber towel so with that said my cart is never allowed to get dirty enough to use a water hose.

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #5
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
With that said when i wash my personal cart at home i use my electric pressure washer to do so. Lightly wet the exterior, then attach my foam cannon, wash, rinse then dry with a microfiber towel and a product called Bead Maker.

For the battery area i quickly fan the pressure washer over the batteries then blow most of the water off the batteries and surrounding areas then finish drying with a microfiber tower and Bead Maker.
This is pretty much what I do except for the "Bead Maker"...which I just watched a YouTube video about and purchased lol.

I blast mine with a basic pressure washer all over and I'm not even very careful.

I just avoid directly hitting the dash, the crack around the battery-compartment seat, and then charging receptacle. Then dry with a rag, some tire spray, and it looks fantastic.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon