lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #31
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Help Recognizing Unexpected Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNajarian View Post
Below is a close up of the repair I was talking about. It appears to be two cables coming off the positive which have ring terminals. It feels like there is a bolt connecting the two, wrapped in white plastic tape (not electrical tape).

Could this “repair” be the source of the noise? Does it provide higher resistance that under a load triggers the sound?
It hasn’t got hot enough to burn the tape off yet, so No.
Resistance makes heat, and lots of it. It’s not ideal, but if that repair isn’t too hot to touch after riding around for a little while, then it’s not much of an issue.

Neither the controller or motor on your cart has an audible alarm, so unless you can get a video or sound clip of the noise we really don’t have much to go on.

The motor being too hot to touch and having a burned smell is indicative that you spend too much time at lower speeds. High speed cart motors don’t like that. The amp draw through the motor is much higher at low speed, combined with larger than stock wheels and extra weight on the cart, you have the perfect setup for an armature meltdown. The sound youre hearing could be the motor brushes screaming while they’re trying to spin a motor that’s on the edge of welding itself stuck.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #32
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Fairfax, that makes perfect sense.

It’s a little too cold to take the cart now but I will take it out as soon as it warms up a bit. The Cart’s maximum speed is 24mph. I prefer to cruise at a leisurely 12 mph in my neighborhood.

Normally it’s just my boy and me, about 300 pounds. I only seem to notice the sound when taking friends out, total 550 pounds and only after 40 minutes of driving. At that point if I lighten the cart up the sound goes away.

Thanks for your insight.

Rgn
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #33
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Could you be getting some feed back to the reverse buzzer and its getting a low voltage activation? Unplug buzzer and see if the sound goes away.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:15 AM   #34
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
Could you be getting some feed back to the reverse buzzer and its getting a low voltage activation? Unplug buzzer and see if the sound goes away.
That’s an interesting thought. Certainly worth trying. I’ll do it and report back.

Thanks!
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car