lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2001 DS transaxle shift repair

My '01 DS developed an issue while pushing snow Friday.
I've got the idle switch mod in and ground speed governor tied.
It turn out that shifting while the engine is turning puts a lot of stresses on the shifter. The roll pin ended up working its way out.
Part 15 in this diagram. The shift lever, Part 14, then dropped of shift shaft Part 9.

The CC dealer quoted me $800 for repair, so I decided to try it myself. Teardown is tedious but not too bad, about seven hours. I got lucky that the pin was still in the the side of the shift ever. The actual repair took two minutes setting the lever back on the shift shaft and driving the roll pin back in.

The lesson learned is to let the engine come to a stop before shifting in to reverse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shift Diagram.jpg (134.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gearcase2.jpg (123.4 KB, 0 views)
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 DS transaxle shift repair

I, for one, want to thank you for posting this!
It's rare that someone has a problem... fixes it... then warns of "what could happen"!

The main reason I'm replying is because, I have the "idle mod", along with my Jake's sport shifter.

With my Jake's shifter, and as easily as it shifts...
every once in a while, I sometimes don't come to a full stop when shifting, and I get a "clunk", (I always tell myself... "that's not good"!)
So, IF... I have a problem with it not going into gear after a "clunk"... I'll know where to start!

Thanks for the "heads up"!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 DS transaxle shift repair

Thanks Lockman!
I love the idle mod, don't get me wrong.
It's great when traveling forward, especially if you will run across stop signs. Just with the lots of forward to reverse shifting that comes with snow plowing one really has to exercise discipline and make sure the driven pulley/gear case has stopped. I have a switch in line to turn the idle off but I think the +200 rpm clutch spring would be a big help.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car