lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #61
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: to rattle can.....

I took my body off. Went to Maaco. Told them I was in no hurry, wait until they shoot a vehicle the color I wanted, would pay cash and did not need a reciept. cost me $75 in paint and $15 worth of rivits! I would have boogered it up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint and tires.jpg (100.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg new red paint 3.jpg (47.6 KB, 43 views)
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #62
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Morepower, Looks great! For $100 I would do the same. No Maaco in my area.
Rockboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #63
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I have tried to paint several times. Rattle cans can produce a good finish but never seemed as durable a automotive paints to me. I have sprayed a go cart in single stage and it turned out well but for the time I would spend and the materials I was better of letting the body shop do it.
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #64
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockboyz View Post
Opinions on the "rattle" can color choice? Would a dark or light color be better for hiding imperfections of a can job. I was thinking something like a Vitamin C Orange or silver vs say a dark blue or black. I wasnt even going to paint the cart, but after getting so far involved in this "addiction" I want some color on it. After reading all of these stories, I hate to pay $300-$400 to have it painted, if I can get it close for $50-$100. If someone could also spell out the best step by step procedure again, that would be great!
Thanks for the replys!
for a nice paint job 300 to 400 dollars is very cheapjust in materials you will have a cuple of hundred in it thats if you do it right
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #65
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was thinking of painting my buggy blue, going to use a rattle can Krylon Fusion. I have some holes to fill where the enclosure snaps were riveted in I was thinking of using P-Tex filler ( the stuff used to repair gouges in downhill skis) I have had some luck with this as a filler on ABS canoes and I am thinking that the armor flex body is about the same as ABS. Not sure if it will work, has anyone ever tried this method.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #66
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I was thinking of painting my buggy blue, going to use a rattle can Krylon Fusion. I have some holes to fill where the enclosure snaps were riveted in I was thinking of using P-Tex filler ( the stuff used to repair gouges in downhill skis) I have had some luck with this as a filler on ABS canoes and I am thinking that the armor flex body is about the same as ABS. Not sure if it will work, has anyone ever tried this method.

Never used any of that stuff, but would like to know if it works---
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #67
Rockboyz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Guys who have rattled...How many cans of paint, primer would you say I am going to need???Trying to put a material (cost) list together.
Thanks!
Rockboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #68
pbillyi69
shut up & hang on

Club Car

i don't remember how many cans i used. i think i used about eight cans of primer and had some left over. i painted the black twice because i didn't was only going to put black around the bottom and i used flat so i could blend it easier and ended up doing two colors and using clear which makes the flat color a glossy finish. i didn't fix any of the body scratches or dings and it looks pretty good considering. when i paint it again i will either fix the dings or get a new one as i found one that is a year newer which i like as the fender flares that i have won't work on this body without some custom fab which would be more time consuming than i want to spend. if you have imperfections that you want to hide lighter colors won't show them as much. i put two coats of primer on and several coats of the colors sanding between each coat. i have three coats of clear wet sanding between each coat and wet sanding between the last color coats and before the clear.
pbillyi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #69
dodgefather
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Eight cans

three cans of each should be more than enough!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/smooth/attach/jpg.gif

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/smooth/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcartbuild2 046.jpg (184.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg golfcartbuild2 045.jpg (187.7 KB, 7 views)
dodgefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #70
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

i used around 8 cans of rattle paint on my g9
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint