lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
acg274
Not Yet Wild

Default Carlisle All Trail tire question

I just bought a Yamaha g16 with a 4" lift kit for a Boy Scout Camp. It came with stock tires and wheels and It looks stupid. I do not want to spend the money for new wheels. I was looking at putting 22x10x8 Carlisle All Trail tires on stock wheels. Does anyone any experience doing this any clearance issues,How do they wear.
acg274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Carlisle All Trail tire question

Welcome to BGW!

You need offset wheels for that tire on your lifted cart. Your stock wheels will cause the tires to rub.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
acg274
Not Yet Wild

The person I bought it from said he had 22" tires on it and just had to put spacers on the lugs. They are still there they look like fat washers. Will this help it work or was I fed a line Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg274 View Post
The person I bought it from said he had 22" tires on it and just had to put spacers on the lugs. They are still there they look like fat washers. Will this help it work or was I fed a line Thanks

I would not recommend washers on the studs!! Buy you some aluminum wheel spacers that go over your studs and support the complete circle of the wheel. They come in 1" 2" and 3" sizes. Let us know how it works out for ya!
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acg274 View Post
These MAY do the job. They would not be MY first choice. Any chance you can post a pic of the product so we can judge the suitablity? I have not seen "fat washers" used in this application, but perhaps your description is lacking. A pic will tell us what you really have.

There are lug extensions as well as billet wheel spacers normally used for this application. The billet spacers are pricey, but do a better job supporting the wheels. I would recommend billet spacers or proper offset wheels for any off-road use. Boy Scouts deserve the best.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
dougmcp
Gone Wild

IMO by the time you try and buy tires, mount them on the wheels and address the spacer issue you'd be way farther ahead to buy the package with offset wheels.
Here's some offset 8" wheels with all terrain 22x11-8 tires for $259: http://cgi.ebay.com/LIFTED-GOLF-CART...item19bf9c2502
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

exactly what i was going to say. plus its done the right way instead of hacking it up and trying to just "make it work"
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
acg274
Not Yet Wild

I think I a going to take your advice and put all new wheels on it. The Boy Scouts are just going to have to wait till next year. After buying them a g16 I am tapped out. Thank for all the good advice. Carl
Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Best all around decision right there. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
acg274
Not Yet Wild

The local tire dealer said a good comprise between cart height and torque might be the 20x10x8. He says they are only 9.3" wide. Do you think this will clear it is only 8/10 wider than the standard tire and only half that is on the inside. will the lift make up that difference. thanks Carl
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts