lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2024, 06:12 PM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default On My 3rd throttle on my 2013 star 48v

Bought the cart 9 2013 star 48v 4 person) a month ago it was tore down they bought a new throttle and spliced it into the wiring harness. It had no batteries they told me they thought the solenoid was bad. I had batteries so threw them in it wouldn't run no solenoid sound the controller was bad so I bought a new used one. I bench tested it and it was good yay. I installed the old throttle the cart ran and went 20mph everything was good after 5 miles it quit when i let off and it wouldn't go again until i turned off the run tow switch and back on then it would go then eventually quit but always after I let off the throttle it just wouldn't re-engage. So I figured it was the old throttle messing up I re installed the new throttle. It wouldn't run at all I bench tested both throttles and the resistance was to high like 16ohms . I'm only getting 2.5v to the controller not the 5v so I ordered another throttle. Everything else measured perfect on the controller. When I unplugged the throttle the voltage was 5v to pin 13 I plugged it back in it went to 2.5. I'm hoping the new Chinese throttle is better. Do these Chinese throttles crap out a lot. My guess is yes.
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay