lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2024, 02:42 AM   #201
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Row Pow Battery BMS

YepÖ:Lithium, not as scary as everyone makes it out to be.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2024, 06:48 AM   #202
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
Spring sets are design to work opposite to gravity. If you off set them to their original design they will fail. That is why mouser, newark, digikey and all the major suppliers who sell contactors let you select mounting options and direction.

But, if you go with a Gigivac MX14 or TE unit over the junky ones you don't have to worry about that because they are designed for more than "golf carts". What I find funny is that proper hard-core high use contactors are only like 20$ more than the junky MJZ that people sell in the golf cart world.

You would never see these orange trash cans on a real EV conversion.
What do you consider proper? The allbright type contactors like my reversing contactor ive already had fail? I'm sure you know this but theres multiple different versions of each made by different manufacturers. I bought one orange 36v solenoid that I pulled apart and its very poorly made compared to the 48 and 72v versions ive since purchased from a different vendor. same goes for the allbrights... Very few are genuine. Most are knock off clones sold by golf cart suppliers.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 06:51 AM   #203
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelleguy0 View Post
I just wanna say one last thank you to everyone that was involved in the project. I got excellent advice and things came together perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
careful this can be addicting once you see how much you can save building your own... next you'll be converting a forklift.. :)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 07:24 AM   #204
Chevelleguy0
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
careful this can be addicting once you see how much you can save building your own... next you'll be converting a forklift.. :)

Iíve already had the thought of how difficult it would be to rebuild this pack once itís shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelleguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 09:03 AM   #205
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Forklift on lithium with a 2000 lbs block of steel added for counterbalance 😭
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 05:12 PM   #206
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
Forklift on lithium with a 2000 lbs block of steel added for counterbalance 😭
Thatís the one drawback.

My cousin wants me to convert one of his, was thinking to just remove one or two FLA batteries to create the space and leave the rest in there for ballast.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car