lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2024, 07:26 PM   #1
billyrey@1960
Not Yet Wild

Default Solid state upgrade problems

I have a Melex 252 which I obtained which was barely running. Very slow on flat and no go up hill. I am replacing the speed resistors with a Curtis 1204 500amp controller and a throttle potentiometer with micro switch and a new HD 36V solenoid. I am having trouble finding wiring diagrams which detail what gets the connections for the POT and solenoid. Any help would be great
billyrey@1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2024, 09:25 PM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Solid state upgrade problems

if you google the 1205m series manual it has the info. I dont think we can attach pdfs here or I would.
You can wire it a few different ways.. if you have the setup for a slower reverse and its programmed to use that you use the j5 connector for the reverse but typically the clones dont come preprogrammed for that. on my cart the j1 pin is for the KSI voltage (key switch on)You can also wire it to the positive solenoid post and when you solenoid is activated by a microswitch it will also power the j1 pin activating the controller. j2 and j3 are for the throttle.

On my cart the solenoid is not activated by the controller (Its controlled by the throttle pedal microswitch) but you can alternatively program the j5 connector to power the solenoid as well vs not using it or using it for a slower speed reverse.

this might help but im using a reversing contactor shown in this diagram. the j5 pin is also missing from this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reversing-contactor-diagram.jpg (65.5 KB, 0 views)
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:51 AM   #3
billyrey@1960
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solid state upgrade problems

Thanks for the help. My POT has two sets of +/- wires coming from it. One set should go to the J2 & J3 of the controller, but I canít figure out where the other set goes to
billyrey@1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex