lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2023, 09:27 AM   #21
Toni
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1replacing clutch

Picture of how lifted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231205_081640.jpg (166.2 KB, 0 views)
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2023, 11:36 PM   #22
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
I got the new clutch in, minus the cover, works great in forward but but not in reverse... It seems like it can't spin fast enough when in reverse to get the clutch to movehttps://photos.app.goo.gl/sc5XQck7x7w8wjUq6
If it's not spinning fast in reverse, that means the engine isn't running. I think you might have a worn out engine. These G1 engines tend to need crank seals. Look down behind the clutch at the crankshaft, is there a lot of oily gunk down there?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 03:07 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Those shock mounts are similar to mine but I guess in a G9 they are not in the way. Here you can see it, I put multiple holes in to tilt the shocks back for more weight handling but it rides harder lol. I used to haul wood and sand with it. The original bolt is above it.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...5&postcount=10

It should run as fast in reverse as forward unless you advanced the timing. Then its a little slower in reverse. Its probably not running. Note the G1 has one pickup but it uses the solenoids on the fender to reverse the generator/starter/ignition. IIRC the pickup on the crank has two pickups advanced each way thats why it retards the reverse if you advance it, but it does go faster that way lol. Bad seals you have to choke it a lot to get it running eventually gets very hard to start. It wrecks the compression in the crankcase. But that would not change much forward or reverse rotation.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:05 PM   #24
Toni
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If it's not spinning fast in reverse, that means the engine isn't running. I think you might have a worn out engine. These G1 engines tend to need crank seals. Look down behind the clutch at the crankshaft, is there a lot of oily gunk down there?
yes there was a lot of gunk and oil down there so i replaced the crank seal while I was replancing the clutch...now it is smoking big time!
Old 12-06-2023, 06:11 PM   #25
Toni
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Without the cover whatever gets to the parts is really going to cause much greater wear
now that i have it all back together org problem is still there runs in forward not reverse, so if this clutch goes back my other one is probably still good. i put in a new seal, I put in both forward and reverse solenoids last year, I can hear the click, Now it is smoking big time, is that normal after replaceing the seal?
Old 12-06-2023, 08:32 PM   #26
Toni
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Found this when cleaning up, some hsd said sounded like there motor was going..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17019127116413426700110650782613.jpg (123.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Could be a generator brush, or could be someone left it there. I don't remember if they can get out of the gen or not. But you can check battery voltage and running it will go higher 13.5 roughly at rpm. They don't charge much at low rpm. If it stays at 12v then its not charging.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha g1 clutch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps