lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall Turf 2 no go!!!!

Hey Guys

We always appreciate everyone's feedback, and of course we really enjoy this forum!

There is a lot of assuming going on here, so we just want to clarify a few things while trying not to step on anyone's toes.

Yes after one day of trouble shooting on this particular cart we pulled the loom and installed a new style system.

However no knows that we had three more of these carts and spent a ton of time chasing the issues these carts had with electronics. So it's not as if we spent a few hours on it, couldn't get and then said oh well...

In our opinion the new style system that we took from the Precedent is a far more reliable electronics system, and I would like to think that the most of you would agree with that, since this is the way the Club Car has gone with all of its carts.

We are not a golf cart service center or repair shop, that's not what we do and it's not what we ever want to do. You can't bring your cart to us and have us do maintenance to your cart.

We specialize in the Precedent and know them inside and out, these carryall carts we purchased thinking that they would be nice for our government contracts, a lesson learned. Not saying that they are a bad or good cart, just saying that is not what we specialize in or is it something we have any interest in specializing in.

We build custom carts based on the Precedent chassis, we are currently booked for 6 months with orders for custom carts and yes they are all based on one model, the Club Car Precedent. Orders continue to come in each day so I guess until that stops, it looks as though we can have a business based on one model of cart...

Our reasoning behind using specializing in one model is because we become very comfortable with them, we have interchangeable parts, it allows us to ensure we always have the right components in stock (seats, lift kits, light kits, bushings, brake pads, controllers etc...) It is called custom production, we can build customers custom carts in a production style format.

Not everyone will agree with it, but for us it works and that is how we do it.

So will we have to ever understand the DS? Why? If what we do is only Precedents and we are proficient in that, and it works for us then that is what we will continue to focus on. If a customer wants something else other then a Precedent, then there are many of other places that they can turn to.

We will always look at the new technology that comes out, but we are not interested in working on the old carts.

This business is not a survival business for us, we have sold two of our large manufacturing companies this past year, this company was intended to be a retirement hobby and it has now grown into a full business once again.

So that is another reason we can pick and choose what we do. Like how we have a fully functional Hybrid package which we designed sitting on our test stand here in the shop (so it's not that we can't understand how a DS works)

Again we appreciate all the help we get from people on this site like TahoeDawg especially when it comes to things out of our wheel house like the DS.

We even enjoy the ribbing Scottyb lays on us we know these guys are very knowledgeable and we respect their golf cart knowledge!

So make a little more room in the pond fellas cause we going to be puttering along for a long time yet.
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

@SCCarts . . . it is the end result that matters, not how you get there . . .

. . . how's British Columbia doing? I haven't been to Vancouver since about 1970 . . and I am sure they don't miss me and my fellow partying Marines . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

@SCCarts... I understand where you're coming from and we're glad to have you. Wish you would have let me keep sniffin' though. I smelled the problem and I was getting really close!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
@SCCarts . . . it is the end result that matters, not how you get there . . .

. . . how's British Columbia doing? I haven't been to Vancouver since about 1970 . . and I am sure they don't miss me and my fellow partying Marines . . .
Thank you sir! BC is great finally getting some good weather!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
@SCCarts... I understand where you're coming from and we're glad to have you. Wish you would have let me keep sniffin' though. I smelled the problem and I was getting really close!
Well I have one more of these chassis sitting around so maybe come winter I will piece it together and give you another go at it!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #26
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I meant no disrespect SC!

I only "putz" with carts! not only do I not know Precedents, but I don't know Yami's, EZ-GO's, HD's, Hyundai's etc., either!
But, it's funny on how they're all basically built on the same principle!

I look at it kind of the same way with locksmithing... locks are mostly all built on the same principle also,
IF... I were to mismatch parts of locks... (which can be done)
my concern is when another future locksmith had to come and service what I built...
They wouldn't have a clue where to start to repair it if need be!
I always try to fix what I've been handed (if it's fixable)... no matter how long it takes.
and I do it just to make sure that the next person can continue on (with minimal time) with I worked on in the past.

Again... no disrespect, That's just my point of view.

I'm out.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Carts View Post
Well I have one more of these chassis sitting around so maybe come winter I will piece it together and give you another go at it!
Sounds like a plan!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car