lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
kramsee1957
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carryall Turf 2 no go!!!!

I know the feeling.....my 94 was a 350$ cart.....all rust on terminals and most wires cut....spray painted green and gold, including wheels and roof supports....the guy I bought it from bought it as a learning project and realized he was over his head with it......so I bought it as a learning project too since I already have a cart at the campground and realized I knew nothing about them and the local cart shop has a waiting line for anything you need or want done. Plus charges big $$$ for everything. Learned a lot so far and still learning. :-)
kramsee1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Pull the three wires off of the rear-most micro switch on the F&R..... Green, Black, and White..... Grab a small blade fuse just for test purposes and plug the green and white onto the fuse and leave the black hanging. See if the car will run.... Then do the same with the green and black, and leave white hanging. See if car will run.... Post results.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #13
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Pull the three wires off of the rear-most micro switch on the F&R..... Green, Black, and White..... Grab a small blade fuse just for test purposes and plug the green and white onto the fuse and leave the black hanging. See if the car will run.... Then do the same with the green and black, and leave white hanging. See if car will run.... Post results.
Thanks for the info! After a day of troubleshooting, we decided to pull all the wiring and the motor from an 05 Precedent and install it. At least with a Precedent, I know it will work...

If I never do a DS or a Caryall again, it will be too soon!
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Wow.... so you're gonna sell those old parts for cheap right?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

SC Carts, You should not be so quick to dis the millions of DS carts out there just because you don't understand how the system works. DH (a veteran CC technician) was trying to teach you how to diagnose the MCOR but you didn't have the patience to follow his lead. By the way this is the SAME MCOR device you will find in the Precedent, so one day you will need to understand it is a potentiometer and how to diagnose it. Either the MCOR or the signal carrying wires were most likely your problem.

Good luck having a golf cart business for just one model cart. Patience, man. Patience
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Wow.... so you're gonna sell those old parts for cheap right?
Hey David

You bet I will I have quite a few DS components that we will happily box up and sell you at a great price.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
SC Carts, You should not be so quick to dis the millions of DS carts out there just because you don't understand how the system works. DH (a veteran CC technician) was trying to teach you how to diagnose the MCOR but you didn't have the patience to follow his lead. By the way this is the SAME MCOR device you will find in the Precedent, so one day you will need to understand it is a potentiometer and how to diagnose it. Either the MCOR or the signal carrying wires were most likely your problem.

Good luck having a golf cart business for just one model cart. Patience, man. Patience
Thanks for you input.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

All I can say is the F&R switches on the DS are a piece of crap. Always caused me issues, sometimes cart would go and sometimes not. Precedent style switch has been great.

Also, if you had cut wires from the MCOR I would think new wires wuld be better thatn splicing, MCOR signals appear to be on the weak side anyway.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
All I can say is the F&R switches on the DS are a piece of crap. Always caused me issues, sometimes cart would go and sometimes not. Precedent style switch has been great.

Also, if you had cut wires from the MCOR I would think new wires wuld be better thatn splicing, MCOR signals appear to be on the weak side anyway.
That has been our experience as well. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

WOW!!! After just 1 day of troubleshooting, you replaced the whole wire loom?
I totally understand "time is money" and someone has to pay for the time, because, shop time ain't cheap!
BUT... you understand, you WILL have to learn DS's (and it's extensions) eventually... right?

It's funny... I don't know Precedents, I just know DS's... but I'll dive into a Precedent just to learn it, no matter how long it takes!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car