lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Default PROJECT! Carryall turf 2....Need some help

First post, found this forum looking for info on what I just picked up. A friend had an old turf 2 laying around in the yard, a bit of swapping and a bit of cash and she came home on the flat bed last night.

I'm looking to restore it into good cosmetic and working condition to use around the yard for landscaping and putzing around the neighborhood.

From reading the forum until the wee hours last night I've figured out it is a '99 and has the Kawasaki FE390 engine. This morning I'm heading to the auto parts store for fuel, oil and air filters, engine oil, gear oil, a battery, etc to do a complete fluid change before trying to crank her over. She's been sitting for a while..

I'd like to find the original buff seats in whole condition from a vendor, rather than just buying the seat covers, foam and bases seperately. Anyone have any idea where I can find them? I've seen a lot on the 'net but it seems they are all for the DS model and I do not know if they'll fit mine.

At first glance it needs a lot of little things that wear out like the inserts for the dump bed hinges, etc. but everything seems to be there mechanically and am hoping the compression check reveals it's worth putting the effort in.
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: PROJECT! Carryall turf 2....Need some help

sounds fun man i am doing the same thing with a couple carryall 1's building one and using the other for parts...lets see some pics
Redlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

I have a bunch of pics but the forum won't let me post till I've been registered for a week. Bummer.

Got all my oils and filters and battery, have found a company online that has the entire OEM seats in one piece so I'll be ordering them tomorrow. Hoping to get her running tonight.

-T
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

tomfl,

First, Welcome to BGW

Second, it may just be me but I think I would make sure she will run before you start ordering major parts.. Also, did you check some of the sponsors for seat sets ? May be able to get yourself a little nicer set with some bolsters for not much more..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice find and Welcome
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

KGSC, yes that's my thoughts exactly. I'm trying to spend tonight going through it mechanically, see if she starts and what kind of shape the motor is in prior to spending any $$ on seats. No sense having comfy seats if it can't leave the garage.

Is there a page dedicated to forum sponsors? I'd rather patronize sponsors if they have what I need as they've made it possible for me to be on here asking questions and getting help.

So far fluids have come out in much better than expected shape and new stuff is in. Gas tank bottom is lined with some serious grunge and is soaking with some new non-E fuel and a whole can of B12 Chemtool to loosen it up. Also, it looks like I need a new tank vent bung as the old one is dry rotted.

I bought a new battery thinking I could get away with a little larger one but no luck, it's too big. Gotta go back tonight and get another. Anyone know what group size battery these things take?

-T
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think the batterys are suppose to be 70. However I have used a 75( i think) with no issues.

the bed hinges are leaf spring bushings

I have removed the tanks entirely and powerwashed them on the inside. a lot easier on a carryall too!

some small parts are only available at dealers, that ive found. such as the grey trim pcs that go on the bed corners. I think your gas tank vent may fall in that catagory?

there is a direct link at the top of the page that says "site sponsors"
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Well I was able to get another battery, flush out the tank, drain the carb and fill with a bit of gas and a heavy % of chemtool.

Gave her some juice and she cranks over but no start. I do have spark and the inlet air hose compresses when I choke it. Have not checked the fuel pump as it's late and I'm whipped. That'll be the 1st thing I check in the AM and we'll move on from there but honestly I really should tear the carb down regardless of whether she starts or not.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Well I removed the carb, cleaned and blew out every jet/orifice, installed the tank and put some gas in it. New fuel lines and filter.

Did not want to start and did not seem to be sucking any fuel through the filter despite me filling it with fuel and even cracking the carb drain to confirm there was fuel.

I removed the fuel line from the tank, blew the gas through the carb manually and the cart started immediately and ran fine until the filter went dry. It does not seem to want to suck the fuel up from the tank.

So, that's got me thinking the fuel pump may be bad. Are these diaphragm pumps serviceable or should I just replace it?

Also, when it was up on blocks running only the passenger side tire was spinning. I'm assuming/guessing the cart has a differential in it, is this normal or should both tires be spinning?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You can take the pump apart and clean it but it may have a cracked diaphragm. When you changed hoses did you make sure to put them back in the same place ?? or you may want to check if they were right to start with..

One tire spinning is ok
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car