lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Default Ready to build... I think

Ok I've been around reading for quite a while and think I'm ready to get started!!!! * I have a 02 gixxer 600 motor, actually the whole bike!! I think I found a mini sprint complete rear axle... Next I need to find a cart! Where are some placed you guys have gotten yours everything I can find is nice or really old. I hate to spend the $$ on nice when I'm only using the frame and body! * Also I have the complete stock front end off a trx450r quad. Is there anything else you think I should have on hand before I get started!!!
Dirty904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ready to build... I think

Also is the mini sprint axle a better idea then converting the stock??? I want as much speed torque as possible!!! Does anyone have an idea of what kind of speed I can expect with this setup?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Brakes,,,Very good brakes, look at mine.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

i was hoping you would chime in rifter!!!!! i think im goin to try to use the brakes from the quad but ill check yours out!!!! hope to find a cart soon!!!! hard to have all these parts and nothing to put them on! what size steel did you use for you swingarm?
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

2X2 box tube, I wanted it strong.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Got all the big parts now for the design and build! Anyone have thoughts if keeping the original club car lee springs would work or to much power??

Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Got the motor out of the donor bike tonight and got some measurements!!! It looks like I'm going to be about 4" to tall to fit under the seat... Are you guys raising the body or dropping the motor down lower?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

You have your work cut out for you with a Club Car, the Aluminum frame is going to GREATLY limit you on attaching and building this cart. You have the donor Mini Sprint, you have the Gixxer 600 engine, so you have a great start, I would get rid of the Club Car and get a Yamaha or EZGO, Yamaha has the strongest frame by far and it's steel you can weld to it.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Dirty904
Not Yet Wild

Do you think the frame is to weak! If not I can weld alum. for brackets and such! My swing arm will be Steel and bolt on!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I have had many Club Cars brought to my home shop for weld repairs, for starters you should pull off the front cowl and check all the welds, there will be cracked and broken welds somewhere on it. The Aluminum won't take the stress of the twisting that the big engine you have will put on it. Keep in mind this is only my opinion, there are many that swear on Club Cars, but we had a fleet of Carryalls and Carryall II carts where I work, I welded up several of them and by the time we traded out for Gators they were all broken some where on the frame from carrying equipment and tools.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps