lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 ez go dcs

theres an ad on Craigslist for a 99 ezgo dcs cart. they want $1100 for it. Description says it has mixed matched batteries. Otherwise looks in good condition. Is this something that I would look at? I plan, over time, to refurbish the cart...basically replace everything except drivetrain.

Would this be a good model to start with and is the price too high, too low or about right.

I should add that it is being sold by a cart dealer... didnt put company name in here cuz not sure thats kosher but they sell "modified buggys".....

thanks

Jerry
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 ez go dcs

Personally I like the DCS carts.
They produce more torque than a PDS cart and more speed than a series cart.
they have one weakness in their design, they smoke the controller in low-voltage situations, not always but often enough to be a real concern.
I have two DCS carts on the ranch. I have an in dash voltmeter on both of them and I keep the batteries charged up. We have used and abused his carts and they have proven to be very durable.
I would contact the dealer and ask him for a price of the cart with new batteries in it. Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
slammer55616
Not Yet Wild

Batteries arent a big deal to me. My retirement job is with Fastenal and I can batteries at employee discount, which is a pretty good deal. I am more interested if the cart is a good one and should I counter with a different $$ offer or is that a good deal?
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Prices vary by region and condition. Check your local craigslist if you have no other reference.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
TSurette
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

'99 TXT, hey that's me too!
TSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=slammer55616;698823]Batteries arent a big deal to me. My retirement job is with Fastenal .../QUOTE]

I LOVE fastenal!!!!!!!!!!!!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
whats it worth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO