lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
roosterracing
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Question on lifts? Whats best for me?

So im new to golf carts and modding them. My family and i got a seasonal camping site and everyone has carts so I bought a G14 for a good price.

Well I want to lift it and cant decide whats best. It will be used for mostly dirt/asphalt roads and some minor off road. The cart also has a rear seat. As a guy who has had lifted every truck ive owned, i have some knowledge. I was thinking around 6" lift and between Jakes single a arm lift, 7" dual arm lift, or the long travel kit.

I will be puting big wheels/tires on.

The single A arm is cheaper but wont the wheel camber be changed with diffrent weight? I think the 7" dual A arm is best but whats the difference to the long travel, and hows the steering affected? Also whats best for shocks front/rear and rear springs. Whats the best spring size lb.

Thanks
Casey
roosterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Question on lifts? Whats best for me?

Yes the single a arm setup is inferior to the long travel in many ways, but the camber is possibly the biggest problem with single a arm setups. If you take them off road you'll get bump steer and at high speeds they feel skittish to me. If you have the money go with the long travel kit. They bolt right on without mods, look really cool, handle awesome off road, and man do they ride nice! You won't regret spending the extra bucks!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
roosterracing
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So what the difference between jakes 7" and the long travel kit? Leaning towards the 7" kit, which is still dual a arms.
roosterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
Jake's Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The 7" double a-arm kits gives you the look of a long travel suspension but uses the stock shocks. The long travel is just that, independent front suspension which make the ride much softer.
Jake's Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the long travel is a nice smooth ride for sure then you will want the rear done to match after you feel the soft ride of the front
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
mraaaw
Not Yet Wild

what is a good match for the rear if u go with a long travel kit up front..
mraaaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts