lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got my motor back from PQ

Actually they are saying.... "Please replace me with REAL batteries that are made for this type of use/abuse......." lmao.

Also, you may want to check and make sure you didn't accidentially hook one up backwards........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

The batts. have been unhooked for 3 weeks, not even completing the loop or 48 volts. You can hear them hissing and nothing is hooked up to them, the tops constantly leak?

Well I finally did the pass through bolt through the obc, 3/8" brass bolt, plastic washers on the metal side and jam and lock washer holding the lugs, heat shrunk the 1" pass....I hope this works. Threw out my back in the process....ya know my cart of course has no access hatch...so everything is done on a creeper...almost there.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

hmm... temperature fluctuation maybe???

sorry to hear about your back! i recently took the plastic off my cart for the first time and find it MUCH easier than trying to work around/under it.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
hmm... temperature fluctuation maybe???

sorry to hear about your back! i recently took the plastic off my cart for the first time and find it MUCH easier than trying to work around/under it.
-sj
You're right, it's just with all the bs...speakers, back seat/cargo bed, etc. it becomes a small project in itself. As far as the batts. my other two carts have none of these issues....these batts. are leaking acid daily....I have no idea. Even had my mechanic looked at it and he just scratched his head and told me to call the manufactorer...which I guess I'll do. I mean my pos. and neg. lead are not hooked up to anything, the batts. are hooked to each other, but like I said the loop is incomplete with out going to the solenoid, controller, motor, or f/r. I don't know???????????????? I wonder if my 12 accessory batt. could be grounding out on the frame some how and causing something like this?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i have my 12v batt grounded to the frame. been like that for 3 or 4 years. my new sam's batteries "sweat" from time to time. i use a acid detector/cleaner (see attached) that turns pink in the presence of acid. the condensation on the sides of the batteries never turns pink, just a little pink around the caps. i haven't noticed any gassing sounds when left to sit though...
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E404.jpg (6.4 KB, 15 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Well, it's the strangest....f#$**$ thing. My "Sams" batteries are sweating and leaking acid from the tops and they're not even hooked up? The loop is not completed and they are only tied to each other but not to the cart. I can hear them perkulating and see them leaking....very weird. I'm going to hookem all up and test voltage, but these crazy things make noise sitting all by themselves?
Very weird... What I find even weirder is that all the batteries are doing this at the same time. Where you the only person to service the batteries. Did you use distilled water. Sometimes people use baking soda to clean terminals. If baking soda falls inside the batteries, they will cause to fizzle and will destroy them. I'm presently scratching my head as well
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Use a voltmeter to measure the amount of stray voltage from the wet cases to the frame and again from the disconnected main positive to the frame.... you might find it significant?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I'll see what my voltmeter indicates and I'm the only one who services my carts....distilled always and never over fill. I go through batt. tie downs every two months from the acid corrosion. I don't care for the all in one cap twister/remover....I don't think it seals all that well. My other carts have the one piece elongated cap and I never get leakage. But there is a bigger problem here. I do remember my last set of batts., if you touched any part of the cart (chasis) you would get a very minor shock and I could never isolate this. It went away after I got new batts., just wondering if there's a connection there (no punn intended). When I get home I'll run the volt meter up and down the cart.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
jlmurphy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a spare Interstate deep cycle for my boat. Saturday it was sweting in my boat stall and it was on the shelf not installed.
jlmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
greyroots
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been interested in going from 48volt to something higher but have never ventured there. 64 volts sounds beefy for where I live.Lots of hills,and acreage. Where could I find reference, 01 cc ds.
greyroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car