lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Help Identifying a 95 EZGO cart

I looked at a cart today for sale and need to know what it is.
Owner told me it was a 1995.
Man Code 30L95
SN 916016
1.49 KW motor
360 KG weight
Things I have determined so far:
It is 36v, owner says it goes 14 MPH.
Batts are about 4 years old
Metal body with "Freedom" sticker on the side
Street legal package (lights, brake lights, signals, horn, mirror and seat belts)
Has never been on a golf course, everything underneath is still shiny.
Original tires with almost no wear on them.
I think it's a Medalist, is that correct?

Is this a series cart? Shunt? Regen? DCS, Non-DCS?
Is it a candidate for a speed increase? How fast and what cost? I'd be happy with 18 MPH.
Don't know all the terms, so an explanation would help tons.
Thanks, Doug
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Help Identifying a 95 EZGO cart

Doug, it is in fact a Medalist cart. Look at the controller cover under the passenger seat. If there is a toggle switch present the cart is a DCS cart.

If there is a long steel rod running from the F/R lever to the passenger side of the battery bay, the cart is a Series/Fleet cart.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Thank you gornoman, I really appreciate the education.
The cart has no toggle switch and it has the steel rod running from the FNR switch to the passenger side so it must be a series cart.
Are there any positives or draw backs to a metal body over a plastic body?
What is the difference between DCS and non-DCS? What the heck does DCS stand for? Does it have something to do with controller or resistors?
Could this be bumped from 36v to 48v with just a battery and charger change or would it need a bigger controller?
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey I just bought the same cart Friday. So if there is no switch what is it? Non-DCS?

Mine was a little beat up and used though. Now stripped to the frame. And I need to replace all the electronics.
chopndroptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Thank you gornoman, I really appreciate the education.
The cart has no toggle switch and it has the steel rod running from the FNR switch to the passenger side so it must be a series cart.
Are there any positives or draw backs to a metal body over a plastic body?
What is the difference between DCS and non-DCS? What the heck does DCS stand for? Does it have something to do with controller or resistors?
Could this be bumped from 36v to 48v with just a battery and charger change or would it need a bigger controller?
Metal bodies can dent and rust. Plastic bodies are much more forgiving, but painting is more involved (not bad though).

DCS stands for Drive Control System, and is EZ-Go's first attempt at a regenerative braking cart. DCS and PDS carts are sepex motors, not the same as series motors. The series carts have more upgrade options. DCS carts are no longer made and have been replaced by the PDS cart.

Bumping a controller cart from 36v to 48v will require a new controller if the current unit is stock. It also requires a 48v solenoid and a way to charge the pack. Plan on a cable upgrade and also a F/R switch upgrade.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
mhiler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

just bought this same cart a few days ago and i am having a hard time figuring out why i have good batt. voltage and power going to all of the places i can think to check, except at the motor terminals. when i pressed the throttle it would go increadibly slow, and now does not spin the tires at all. took all connections everywhere on the cart off and cleaned them and still nothing.
any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
mhiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhiler View Post
just bought this same cart a few days ago and i am having a hard time figuring out why i have good batt. voltage and power going to all of the places i can think to check, except at the motor terminals. when i pressed the throttle it would go increadibly slow, and now does not spin the tires at all. took all connections everywhere on the cart off and cleaned them and still nothing.
any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Attach your multimeter leads to the Main Pack Terminals and try and drive the cart while watching the pack voltage. The batteries may show decent voltage at rest, but under load they cannot deliver any power.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
mhiler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i put the batteries on a load tester about an hour ago and they show good under load. i am wondering now if maybe it is the computer box behind the solenoid?
mhiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Put the cart on jack stands and print out a copy of the trouble shooting guide under the sticky post at the top of the site page. Get you volt meter out and run the test. It could be your controller, but run the test. the Solenoid is cheaper to replace then the controller :-) Do you hear it clicking when you press the pedal ?

good luck
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Attach your multimeter leads to the Main Pack Terminals and try and drive the cart while watching the pack voltage. The batteries may show decent voltage at rest, but under load they cannot deliver any power.
id go with the gmans test sometime a load test but when you put presure on it it will read different
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO