lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Anyone know anything about this lithium seller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233114465821?ul_noapp=true

New batteries, made in China, he says. A little higher than used Leaf batts, but if they are quality and new, might be a good option.

or this seller/set up? https://www.ebay.com/itm/ReRun-66Ah-...TOth:rk:9:pf:0

Thanks for any input you can give.
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this lithium seller?

I don't know anything about either of these specifically. However, the second link you posted, seems awfully expensive. Those are "recycled" EV batteries. You can find leaf batteries that would also be "recycled" and charger for less.

azlithium on ebay sells them. I got mine from that seller and believe DaveTM also got his from that seller if I remember right.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

for a true drop in with bms, charger, and batterys i dont think its to bad. for someone who doesnt fell like they can do all the wirng of bms and such, but wants lithium i think this is the cheapest if seen. just my .02
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is true. I didn't see that it included bms and hv/lv cutoffs before.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's kind of what I was thinking. Based on my reading, prior experience, i know how to connect all these things (basically, may need some advice) but for that price, if it's a decent BMS, that sure does save a ton of time, which would be great for me.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well, got a response, and I'm probably out based on this description. I'm not saying he's not selling a decent product. I'm just not sure I want Gen2 batts and I think I would want balancing. Here's what the response was with respect to link 2 above:

We use G2 Nissan Leaf modules they are certified by the provider as 75% of full capacity. They are not salvaged from wrecks, they are modules that were replaced because they were below 80% capacity. The Predictive modeling of battery life by extrapolation from 75% to 68% is 1000 charge cycles. We use 2 DALY 150 amp BMS's in parallel, this provides thermo protection and over-discharge protection. No balancing.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Someone feel free to correct me, but my noodle is telling me that if they’re claiming around 75% capacity remaining that’s about 46ah. My first generation modules are down to around 40ah and my guess is that the guys running the newer modules are in the low to mid 50’s at best. If that’s the case, the modules in the second link are pretty much in line with everything else out there. I’m not getting the two BMS set up, far as I can tell it monitors pack voltage and not individual cells? Maybe I’m wrong. Still seems expensive. Would much rather run a cheap Bluetooth BMS over theirs and no info on the charger. Isn’t the guy on eBay most are buying from selling modules for around $100 each?
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #8
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can get them for less if you can find them, but I haven't seen any for sale lately from him except for one 12s pack he had and one 36v pack he had. I'm looking for either 14 or 7 in really, really good shape. I was more concerned with the fact that they are gen2 batteries and a BMS that did not balance, which didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

The problem is you are relying on the seller to tell you they’re in really good shape. I would not be afraid of g2 modules for a decent price, I am using 8 yr old first generations and they are performing wonderfully on the cart. I have 30 cells and they are all within .01v of each other with no balancing after the initial balance when I built the packs. I’ve only charged and discharged maybe 10 times, so we’ll see how that lasts. I completely understand that you want to get the newest version with the most capacity you can find, they just seem to be getting harder to come by and more expensive every day. Hopefully some decent ones will come up on eBay again and you can snag some.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
azlithium on ebay sells them. I got mine from that seller and believe DaveTM also got his from that seller if I remember right.
Yes. I also got my Leaf batt's from azlithium. 7 modules for $574.

Now, in looking at the brand new batteries you linked, those batteries are 3.2-V each. So, you would need 14 of these at a total cost of $1,386.

For the ReRun batt's, they are marketing it as a drop in unit with all wiring and a charger. However, I don't see that it has a BMS (Battery Management System). That cost is $1,795. Again, no BMS.

If you looking at Leaf Batts, the modules from the 30 kW/Hr packs made in late 2015, 2016, and 2017, for the 2016/2017 model year Leafs were found to have a design flaw that caused them to fail prematurely... within 2 years of manufacture. Not a "usage" failure but a "time" failure.

I did a search on eBay of azlithium's batteries and saw some Gen2's along with Gen1's. I didn't see any "packs" for 48-V, but I can assume you can contact him and tell him what you want.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car