lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 06:51 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 CC Precedent Upgrade recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannvel View Post
ok so the 3/8 are a tad bigger than the 5/16 so more surface contact to be made thus better transfer?
You got that backwards, the 3/8 is the size of the hole, so there is less material available for contact surface.

That presents 2 problems, on all of the posts, there will be more like-hood of the cables getting loose since there is room for the 3/8 lugs to shift around the 5/16 posts.

In the motor and solenoid there is a second problem since the contact surface is usually a nut, there is no room to compensate for the lost surface contact (like in battery posts) since the 5/16 lugs already has more surface than the nut.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #22
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannvel View Post
ok so the 3/8 are a tad bigger than the 5/16 so more surface contact to be made thus better transfer?

Also, made my decision, I will move over to the Altrax and get the on the fly programmer as well. will purchase these from Scotty tonight.

Scotty does sell the package of the wires/solinoid and controller
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltra...-controls.html

He also sells the cables with the stud but that was almost double than the ebay store...maybe as a package it was better...who knows..
That is the same system I bought from Scotty and I am really happy with it.

Torque is great and with the Plum Quick bandit, the speed is definitely there....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #23
mannvel
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

@ Kernal. the speed difference is due to when I did the GPS Speed test. the 15-17mph was before the MadJax controller upgrade. Once the madjax controller went in, and I re-did the speed test today with the voltmeter in place and the gps speedometer...
Hence I got the new speeds
mannvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:45 AM   #24
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an 06 precedent with 1 1/2 year old batteries 6-8 volt crown CR190,s. Back in the spring I got my controller wet (oops) I bought the Alltrax 400 with fan kit HD solenoid. Built my own 2 gauge cables from welding leads. Still have stock motor and stock tires (18 inch) with a free iPhone GPS app I am getting 25mph on flat ground, and it carries the hills WAY better than it did before. Also I weigh in at 310, and my wife.. well lets just say she isn't skinny. hope this helps you make a decision.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car