lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2024, 11:36 PM   #1
txtimetravler
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 Club Car Precedent

48V Stock cart.

I’ve got an aging set of LA batteries. Lithium has intrigued me.

Cart is used to chase wild pigs in Texas. Flat ground mostly. A few areas encountered with very slight slope/terrain.

Ultimate goal is to install 3 inch lift for tires, rock lights, interior lights, gun racks, etc.

Cart will be used mostly to haul hunters but may be used to take 50lb bags of corn to feeders and haul dead pigs out of the woods.

Eco batteries, big battery and other brands have been researched after stalking and reading here.

I am looking for some advice on a battery that I could drop into the cart and not have to mess with other cart components.

So glad I found this forum. Tons of info, ideas and good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txtimetravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2024, 07:37 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Club Car Precedent

With the mods you plan to do the cart I would go with either the eco or build your own pack if you are up for the challenge.

Even though you said the ground is mostly flat it sounds like most if not all of your use is on dirt and no pavement so you are going to have a higher amp draw then most even before you do your mods and add to it with the lift and the larger wheels and tires. I would make sure the stock controller is up to the task for your changes as well.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will 2nd Eco Battery. Not only are they are a great product and group, you can call and get answers. 877-326-2288
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:37 AM   #4
EcoChandler
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtimetravler View Post
48V Stock cart.

I’ve got an aging set of LA batteries. Lithium has intrigued me.

Cart is used to chase wild pigs in Texas. Flat ground mostly. A few areas encountered with very slight slope/terrain.

Ultimate goal is to install 3 inch lift for tires, rock lights, interior lights, gun racks, etc.

Cart will be used mostly to haul hunters but may be used to take 50lb bags of corn to feeders and haul dead pigs out of the woods.

Eco batteries, big battery and other brands have been researched after stalking and reading here.

I am looking for some advice on a battery that I could drop into the cart and not have to mess with other cart components.

So glad I found this forum. Tons of info, ideas and good people.

Good morning Sir,

We'd love to earn your business over at Eco Battery. Our "Thru Hole" bundle was specifically designed for Precedents and ease of install. I think you'd be thrilled at how seamless our battery goes in. Here is a video of one being put in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQi3uMWBhSE

Feel free to reach out if you need any help or finding the kit online. I can always help.

Thanks, EcoChandler
EcoChandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 10:57 PM   #5
txtimetravler
Not Yet Wild

@jasonjordan- I don’t think about the dirt being a draw on the battery. Mostly I drive off road in packed sandy soil. Not like beach sand but ranch roads.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:59 PM   #6
txtimetravler
Not Yet Wild

@jasonojordan- how would I determine if the controller is up to the task?

Is it typical that going to lithium batteries will burn out a controller?

Old 01-07-2024, 11:00 PM   #7
txtimetravler
Not Yet Wild

@ecochandler - thx for the note. I’ll check out the vid.

Old 01-08-2024, 05:32 AM   #8
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
@jasonjordan- I don’t think about the dirt being a draw on the battery. Mostly I drive off road in packed sandy soil. Not like beach sand but ranch roads.
If it's fairly smooth, packed and flat I don't see it being an issue. The bigger tires are what will require more current. Lithium will be better because you will lose around 200-250 lbs due to their lighter weight.
InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 07:51 AM   #9
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
If it's fairly smooth, packed and flat I don't see it being an issue. The bigger tires are what will require more current. Lithium will be better because you will lose around 200-250 lbs due to their lighter weight.
If it is always hard packed then correct it will not be a issue. But when it is wet if it becomes muddy then it will become a issue.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:52 AM   #10
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
@jasonojordan- how would I determine if the controller is up to the task?

Is it typical that going to lithium batteries will burn out a controller?

I would start with getting the model number off your existing controller. There may be fokes on here that can chime in based off your year and make of cart what it is but my experience is limited to my cart so I do not know what controller you have on your cart with the information you have provided so far so I do not want to steer you wrong.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car