lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #11
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 Club Car won't move

Hey everybody. Still stumped on this. I replaced the micro switches and I'm still not getting any power to the solenoid. Which wire from the micro switches sends power to the solenoid?
JPLSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since you said the cart tried to run for a brief time, most likely the negative side of the solenoid is missing (the positive side activates the controller as well).

That is the yellow wire that comes from the OBC, but since the old OBC was by-passed, where does that wire go to now?

Put you meter positive probe on pack positive and the meter negative probe on the small solenoid terminal with the yellow wire.

You should get pack voltage when you press the pedal.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #13
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. So, when I run my meter to pack positive and to either of the small terminals, I get 50+ volts. When I test between pack positive and large terminal with yellow wire, I get .2 or .3. Should I be thinking controller?
Old 10-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You are getting pack voltage on both small terminals, that means the solenoid negative side is there and that the coil is good.

Are you getting the positive side?

Measure the voltage from pack negative to the positive small solenoid terminal (white/black wire), You should get pack voltage when you press the pedal.

Use this diagram as the one in the stickies is hard to see:

1995 Club Car wiring diagram

If You don't get the voltage, just trace it back using the diagram.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

OK - sorry for the delay.

With the multimeter hooked up to the negative post, I get 50 volts on both the large terminals and nothing on the small ones - that's without the pedal depressed - no change when pedal is pressed.

So, hooked up to positive, I get 50 volts on the small terminals and nothing on the large ones - that's without pedal depressed - no change when pedal is pressed.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since You did not +48v from pack negative to the positive small solenoid post (white/black wire), You need to trace the signal backwards towards its origin.

Look at the diagram, the white/black wire on the small solenoid post gets its power from the #1 micro switch at the FNR.

Disconnect the Green/White wire from the micro switch #1 and measure the voltage from that wire to pack negative with key switch ON and pedal pressed.

If You get +48v, that micro switch is bad, replace the micro switch.

If You don't get voltage, look again at the diagram, the power to micro switch #1 comes from the micro switch inside the Multi-Step Potentiometer.

Disconnect the Blue wire from the Multi-Step Potentiometer and measure the voltage from that wire to pack negative with key switch ON.

If You get +48v, that micro switch is bad, replace the micro switch inside the Multi-Step Potentiometer.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #17
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

I tested the green/white wire from #1 micro switch and got 50+ volts. I replaced the micro switch, and still nothing.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #18
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

After further review - I had a couple of wires in the wrong spot on the micro switches. After checking all the wiring again, I still have no motion (when I press the pedal, there is a short "bump" and then nothing). So, I went back to the initial checks Sergio requested.

Testing pack negative:
Large posts both have 50+, and both small posts have 0 at rest.
Large post with red wire has 50+, yellow one has 0, both small posts have 49+ when pedal is pressed.

Testing pack positive:
Large posts both have 0, and both small posts have 49+ at rest.
Large post with red wire has 0, yellow one has 49+, both small posts have 0 when pedal is pressed.

Not sure where to look now.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some of your readings are not making sense, but assuming you are not changing the meter probe reference point (pack negative or pack positive) between tests, the OBC lockout wire may be the issue.

The OBC internal circuit may be providing enough of a path to "sink" the small current needed for the meter to take a reading, but it cannot provide the necessary current "sink" for the actual solenoid.

Run a new wire from the small solenoid post where the yellow wire is connected directly to pack negative or controller B-.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
JPLSALES
Not Yet Wild

No good. I made a jumper wire from controller B- to solenoid small yellow. After reconnecting main negative, I heard a small pop and now nothing. I really don't know what to do. I've checked every wire connection and traced everything to no avail.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car