lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Cammee71
Getting Wild

Default Heavy duty rear leaf springs

I need some more support in the back on my cart for when i am hualing poeple so it doesnt bottom out or the tires dont rub. i was was wondering if anyone has ever installed these on their cart? http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/prod...%20EZ0%20HDKIT If you have was it hard? Is this a good deal? any pictures? Thank!!!!
Cammee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Heavy duty rear leaf springs

Those would work fine. Check the site sponsors for a better deal. Site sponsors keep the lights on here.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
dmax27
Getting Wild

The hardest part of the job is going to be getting the old bolts out. It may be easier to cut the bolts off or grind them off. There may be an old post with step by step instruction including pictures. Let us know if you need step by step instructions and I will post them.
dmax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Cammee71
Getting Wild

if u have those step-by-step instructions that would be great if you could send them. thank you
Old 03-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax27 View Post
The hardest part of the job is going to be getting the old bolts out. It may be easier to cut the bolts off or grind them off. There may be an old post with step by step instruction including pictures. Let us know if you need step by step instructions and I will post them.
I'll second this....

Those rusted spacers took FOREVER to get off. Cutting it off may have been easier...
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Cammee,
First, Buggies Unlimited is not a site sponsor so buying from them does not support this wonderful site. Plus, you can get a better deal from BGW site sponsors. I got mine at Everything Carts and can personally recommend them.

There are a few issues you MAY run into when installing these so we need some more info. First, depending on the age of your cart, the original bolts and bushing maybe shot and rusted. If they are, make sure you order new bushings and bolts to go with it. Next, do you have a lift kit on your cart? If so, you may run into the same problem I did. Most lift kits place the springs on top of the axle. The U bolts that the lift lit supplied were not long enough to accommodate the additional thickness of the HD springs. I would be happy to help, post some pics of your current setup and I should be able to help.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
NickS
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just had a set given to me and put them on when I put my Jakes lift on yesterday. With the jakes lift that was for my cart, you don't use the Ubolts any more anyways, so the thickness didn't matter.
NickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Chisoxguy13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a set from Scotty B last year and they were VERY easy to install replacing the old standard ones. Makes a huge difference too if you have a rear seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsa.jpg (73.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0002.jpg (85.3 KB, 64 views)
Chisoxguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
Cammee71
Getting Wild

Ok i will get pictures up tomorrow... To be honest i am not sure if it is lifted but i does have 22in tires on it. I think when i post the pics yall should be able to tell me if its lifted.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

If it has 23" tires, it's lifted. Plain and simple.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts