lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 1st really good ride

Well yesterday I thought I would see how the G1 ran since I put on the lift kit and new tires and mags. No seats because I took mine off so we sat on the rear body I just wanted to see how it ran without going through the rest of the work.
Well I drove it on the paved road and it done great, took it off road and through the woods and a few swamps and it also done great. Climbed some real steep dirt banks and went down some too everything was great. I guess I put 10 mile on it and everything turned out nice, so when I put it back in the garage i went over all the bolts and everything was still tight.
So I guess it passed the test, now I want to start on the body wish me luck.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: 1st really good ride

Thats great you finally got all the bugs out of er! I wish you luck on the body and one thing I messed up on my G2 body was sanding with a car sander. You need to use a really really fine paper or it will grind into to the plastic and make it shred up and get really rough. It took me about 6 hours of extra work to get it smooth again!!!
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Well yesterday I thought I would see how the G1 ran since I put on the lift kit and new tires and mags. No seats because I took mine off so we sat on the rear body I just wanted to see how it ran without going through the rest of the work.
Well I drove it on the paved road and it done great, took it off road and through the woods and a few swamps and it also done great. Climbed some real steep dirt banks and went down some too everything was great. I guess I put 10 mile on it and everything turned out nice, so when I put it back in the garage i went over all the bolts and everything was still tight.
Calvin
So, have you desided to keep the "stock" running gear for now? Remember the "Govenor" tip..... Glad you like your ride. Keep us posted! Can't wait for my wheels and tires/exhaust/seat skins/custom roll bars and the custom painted body to arrive and "Unleash" the "Bigblock"! Hope it doesn't scare the "CRAP" out of me, like in test runs! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yamaha4life I have a box of 1000 grit and a box of 1500 grit I dont think I will need that small a grit but its here if needed. I also found out the rear body on the G1 is fiberglass and the front is plastic, so extra care will have to be taken on the front. Thanks for your input.
Smallblock your something else, well my friend I got my seats yesterday the new boat seats I ordered and I tell you one thing I think their going to work out great. I dont think their color of light gray on the outside and sort of a deep red on the inside are going to match my paint that is going to be tangerine hahaaa but oh well I have always been color blind.
Thanks for your input.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4dec31-07.JPG (113.2 KB, 34 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Calvin, can you post pics of those seats installed? Saw some boat seats on an LA Custom site and they looked great on the carts!!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Calvin that is great to hear!!! Glad everything passed the test. I can't wait to see it all finished now.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yea man sounds great, im going to go try to get gas to my g1 today so i can get body back on. any of you guys interested, i work for west marine and got my seats from them and they fit awesome, go to there website and look at there deluxe boat seats
dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Calvin
what kind of lift and rims/tires did ya go with? anymore pics? trying to get some ideas for mine
dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #9
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

cant wait to see the seat install. tell me if they butt right up against eachother or if there is a gap in between and if so how large is the gap thanks Calvin i bet it will look great!
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Did you cut up the front body? Did you buy the jakes lift kit?Looks nice cant wait to see that beast finished.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha