lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 1991 ez go help!!!

sorry couldn't figure out how to edit my post cause I had the post as a 1982 cart its a 91. Ok so I will cover where Im at. The cart has a remote fuel pump. Its brand new. Has a new carb and all new fuel lines. The cart runs fine if I pulse the fuel pump manually. If I hook the pulse line back to the nipple on the crankcase the engine stops running and when I remove the pulse line from the nipple it spits gas for a few seconds. If pulsed manually the pulse line is dry as a bone. Never saw anything like this!
Heres where Im at. Has 120 PSI. Didnt seem to rev higher when I sprayed WD 40 by the crank seals when running. Oil injection has been blocked off and the intake manifold fitting is sealed up. Clutches seem to work fine. Please help I have no idea how to proceed. Maybe crank seals? I had an old sled many years ago that did some strange stuff until I replaced them.
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2022, 09:34 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 ez go help!!!

Maybe the nipple is clogged
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:54 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you have no pulse from the crankcase to the fuel pump it’s 99% going to be crank seals.

Slight possibility of reeds if you have pulse in AND out of the carb but if I were a betting man I’d put my money on crank seals.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:20 AM   #4
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not explaining myself correctly. There is a ton of air coming from the crankcase nipple after I remove the pulse line from it. It will spit gas for a few seconds then the cart runs well manually pulsing the fuel pump and the crank case nipple with nothing on it.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bad sending unit? Try an electric fuel pump and plug the nipple then you won’t have to deal with that pulse pump
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:58 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

So 91 should be a 3pg correct? I thought on those the fuel pump mounted to the back of the engine, and there is an o-ring between the pump and the engine case. Did you remove this and thread a nipple into the hole in the engine case where the fuel pump goes? And then use a more modern style fuel pump mounted remotely? Or did you thread a nipple somewhere else into the engine to run the fuel pump? If so, where?

Just trying to understand your setup here. Doesn’t sound like it’s the way it came from the factory.

Air coming out of the crankcase to the nipple is only half the pulse needed to make the fuel pump work. It needs the alternating blow-suck-blow-suck from the piston going up and down to move the diaphragm in the fuel pump and make it work
Old 06-29-2022, 11:44 AM   #7
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I went to the 89-93 service manual, much to my surprise it says in late 90 they changed the fuel pump mounting to remote with a pulse line. It also states to never change the length of the pulse line, so I'd make it as short as you can. I'd also use the thick wall black fuel line for the pulse line and make sure it's tight on both ends.....

I prefer to use the translucent slightly colored fuel line on everything else. Same with the fuel filter, a clear plastic one. That way it's easier to diagnose when you have problems

BTW, DON'T go to an electric fuel pump. IF it's the crank seals it still won't run.... Good Luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:50 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
I went to the 89-93 service manual, much to my surprise it says in late 90 they changed the fuel pump mounting to remote with a pulse line. It also states to never change the length of the pulse line, so I'd make it as short as you can. I'd also use the thick wall black fuel line for the pulse line and make sure it's tight on both ends.....

I prefer to use the translucent slightly colored fuel line on everything else. Same with the fuel filter, a clear plastic one. That way it's easier to diagnose when you have problems

BTW, DON'T go to an electric fuel pump. IF it's the crank seals it still won't run.... Good Luck
Wow I had no idea. The only 3pg cart I’ve owned I think was an 89 and it was mounted to the motor case so I assumed they were all that way. That cart didn’t last long though. Replaced the crank seals and got about 10 minutes run time out of it before it looked like the cylinder in the other thread I instead put a predator 212cc in that and let the kids drive it to/over/through whatever they wanted. That was a lot of fun blasting through grass and weeds taller than the roof

I also always run the blue clear fuel line. The good stuff forms pretty tight to the fittings and you don’t need hose clamps. You have to cut it off when you want to remove it though, but good stuff.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:29 AM   #9
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The pulse line crank case nipple seems to have tremendous pressure coming out WAY more than I am use to! Any pulse fuel pump pulse line I have ever worked on seemed to have maybe a pound of pressure and vacuum moving my pressure / vacuum gauge slightly above zero each way. Pound or two if I remember what the gauge numbers meant. This blows out HARD and doesnt seem to really pulse back and forth just blow out. Crank seals maybe? Gonna pull the motor today
Old 06-30-2022, 09:37 AM   #10
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Keep us posted on what you find, we like feedback in here... Good luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO