lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 09:39 AM   #51
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 ez go head scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by torence20 View Post
Ok I pressure tested the crank case and it is not leaking so that rules out seals. I also took a couple of still shots with my borescope. It has 105 comp. But the piston is really badly scored and the cylinder doesn’t look much better. I know this thing should have enough comp to run but I can’t help but feel like it might need a total rebuild.
Which side of the engine did you take this picture ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #52
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
In your second picture looking through the exhaust port I can clearly see a square hole in the side of the piston. That piston is in backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I thought the same thing at first but after looking again tonight I’m pretty sure the square hole you see is the transfer port in the other side of the cylinder, piston is all the way down and out of the picture. The massive amount of scoring and sparkles and unicorn dust throw off perspective
I was going to chime in and scream out yes the piston is indeed backwards, instead I took those two pics and blew em up and did my best Efrin Zimbalist Jr inspection ....

That second pic is very deceiving, but considering there's no sign of a window in the first pic (at the position the piston is in).. I'm now believing we truly are looking at the transfer port across the cylinder on the intake side

The OP stated it's a pic looking into the exhaust port.
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:34 PM   #53
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Mr. Magoo says its in backward
With those two studs it sure looks like the exhaust port. I will wait until the OP comes back and tells us.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #54
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My old ezgo insides looked about the same as yours. I’ve got pictures somewhere I’ll have to find them. Here’s a $99 fix I did. Worked on my old ezgo

Ran the pull start through the choke level hole and put a plastic grommet in there, wired the key switch up to kill the ignition and shut it off. My kids had a blast it was like a big go kart. We put that thing through all 7 or more levels of hell and back at least a dozen times. What a tough little toy that was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36CC970B-7FB2-41F8-AF20-8051DB54B192.jpg (271.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B83FE829-7CDD-4C3E-A139-B5376F4A6626.jpg (567.6 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:06 PM   #55
torence20
Not Yet Wild

Yes the pics are exhaust side. The piston is installed correctly. The picture your all confusing is a picture of inside the cylinder and your seeing the transfer ports. No window in the piston.
torence20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:23 PM   #56
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by torence20 View Post
Yes the pics are exhaust side. The piston is installed correctly. The picture your all confusing is a picture of inside the cylinder and your seeing the transfer ports. No window in the piston.
I now see it after I looked closer. Had me fooled for a minute when that rectangle thing showed its face . Had to put a better pair of glasses
Rebuild time I do think after looking close at the cylinder. You got the parts ordered yet good luck on finding them for something this old.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:28 PM   #57
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I now see it after I looked closer. Had me fooled for a minute when that rectangle thing showed its face . Had to put a better pair of glasses
Rebuild time I do think after looking close at the cylinder. You got the parts ordered yet good luck on finding them for something this old.
No problems there. eBay has you covered

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36373809478...mis&media=COPY

I know a bunch of guys that’s used the eBay kit with no problems at all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO