lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Carburetor problem?

As I said, I don’t mean to offend but generally if someone is trying to help and asks questions that get ignored we have no information to go on to try and help :)

But seems now you have a completely different problem. Either that, or the original problem really had nothing to do with the carb and it’s gotten significantly worse.

I’d start by taking off the valve cover and making sure a push rod didn’t fall out. This would make a noise followed by no compression.

A broken connecting rod could as well, and while I have seen that in a fe290 they’re not very common. Usually the link rods for the counterbalance weight go bad long before the connecting rod and the engine is knocking like crazy. It does make kind of an “exhaust” type noise, sounds more like a lawnmower than a golf cart engine. However when that lets loose it punches a big hole in the back of the engine. Despite that, the engine can/will still run it just makes a hell of a lot of racket and oily mess below the cart as it slings oil all over and out the newly acquired window. I’ve bought carts that were in this condition and gotten them to run, and heard the noise and found the mess and that would be how I knew there was a big hole in the motor

But start simple. Pull off the valve cover and look at the push rods. If the valves simply are out of adjustment really badly it can not only cause performance issues but the push rod may fall out. I’d call this best case scenario as it’s a 5 minute fix.

If that’s not the case then put a wooden dalrod or something in the spark plug hole and rotate the engine by hand using the clutch. See if the wooden stick goes up and down or not.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car