lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #11
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carburetor problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Are you getting enough fuel to the carb? Take the fuel line off the carb and put it in a jar. Make sure you’ve got good flow. It won’t fill it “fast” but you should see a noticeable pulse of squirts as the engine spins. 30 seconds should put a fair amount of gas inside a jar.
I'm getting plenty of gas.
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2022, 08:18 AM   #12
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
When the cart ran that hose was not in the airbox. When I put it in the airbox it does not run at all. I have the set screw at two turns out.
Ai system is sealed. Any other Ideas?
Old 06-11-2022, 08:22 AM   #13
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'm getting plenty of gas.
Why would it run so much better with the choke on?
Old 06-11-2022, 11:17 AM   #14
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carburetor problem? [update]

I now have it running great as long as I have the choke in! I did two things.
1. I have the set screw at about 1/4 turn out. 'which seems strange?'
2. I cut and reattached the end of the plug wire.

If I don't hold the choke in the cart has no power and it surges.

Any Ideas?
Old 06-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you have to hold the choke in then it’s running lean.

How much fuel squirts out of the line into a jar?
How is the float and needle set? Is there enough fuel making it into the bowl?
How are your gaskets between the carb and the motor? I’d replace those if you permatexed them and get good gaskets on there

Make sure the airbox lid is completely sealed
Make sure the intake “duct” running under the cart isn’t clogged with dirt or mud or nests
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #16
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

So I replaced all the lines going to the fuel pump. It runs better. My new problem is once it gets hot I lose all power. If I mess with the hose coming out of the carburetor and the exhaust hose from the engine it will run for a while and then quit. Sometimes if I put them together it will run. Other times I need to block the exhaust hose. Sometimes it seems I am not getting gas, at least I don't see it in the fuel filter. At other times it runs without the fuel lines hooked up at all. Nothing makes sense. It seems to me to be a carburetor problem, but I've had it off 3 or 4 times. .
Old 06-25-2022, 02:09 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You didn’t answer any of the questions I asked. And I have no idea what you’re talking about with exhaust hoses or hoses coming out of the carburetor? The help anyone can provide to you is only as good as the information you can provide to us since we are not there with the cart in front of us.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:15 PM   #18
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
So I replaced all the lines going to the fuel pump. It runs better. My new problem is once it gets hot I lose all power. If I mess with the hose coming out of the carburetor and the exhaust hose from the engine it will run for a while and then quit. Sometimes if I put them together it will run. Other times I need to block the exhaust hose. Sometimes it seems I am not getting gas, at least I don't see it in the fuel filter. At other times it runs without the fuel lines hooked up at all. Nothing makes sense. It seems to me to be a carburetor problem, but I've had it off 3 or 4 times. .

Soooo, I took off the carburetor one more time and cleaned it again. Ran better for a little while. All of a sudden it started making a noise. Sounded like a muffler. Got louder quickly until it stopped, I mean the engine stopped.
Now I have no compression. Any ideas?
Old 06-25-2022, 04:43 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I really truly don’t mean any offense by this, but this entire thread I’ve been trying to ask you questions and you respond by saying something about the carb and never answer the questions you were asked. The best advice I think I could offer at this point is to take it to a mechanic. Nobody here can help you if you don’t let them.
Old 06-25-2022, 06:56 PM   #20
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Sorry CP241.

"If you have to hold the choke in then it’s running lean. I had it running without doing this.

How much fuel squirts out of the line into a jar? about 1/2 c per minute
How is the float and needle set? Is there enough fuel making it into the bowl? There seem to be enough fuel in the bowl
How are your gaskets between the carb and the motor? I’d replace those if you permatexed them and get good gaskets on there When I spray carb cleaner around the gasket when it is running nothing happens. Seems all gaskets are good.

Make sure the airbox lid is completely sealed It is.
Make sure the intake “duct” running under the cart isn’t clogged with dirt or mud or nests Not sure what you're talking about. I can't find a "intake “duct.”"
At this point, it seems I have a blown engine.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car