lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2022, 02:45 PM   #1
jpbellis
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Not happy with my lifted ride quality, Jake's time?

Hi all, I put a RHOX BMF 6" A-ARM Lift Kit on my 09 Club Car Precedent electric limo cart. I also put heavy duty springs on the back to obtain my lift. I have to stay, the ride is pretty bad. We use it in out field and every single slight bump is pretty rough. Would another kit improve tis? I had a Jake's on another cart a while back but it was a standard size cart and I don't recall the ride being as harsh as the RHOX kit.

This is the kit I bought...

https://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Golf-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Advice?
jpbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2022, 10:22 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Not happy with my lifted ride quality, Jake's time?

I don't have any experience with the Rhox lifts, but if you put HD springs on the rear that will def cause a rough jarring ride. I have HD leafs on my Workhorse and they don't even flex unless there is 400 lbs in the bed. I can jump up and down on it and it won't move. I have done HD springs on other carts with terrible results. If it were me, I'd look into different rear springs first and see where you're at from there.

With that said, I do have experience with the Jakes LT kit and they ride fantastic, but only in the front. If you use a Jakes LT on the front of that cart and don't address the HD rears, you'll still have a "buckboard" ride.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
jpbellis
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I have HD leafs on my Workhorse and they don't even flex unless there is 400 lbs in the bed. I can jump up and down on it and it won't move. I have done HD springs on other carts with terrible results. If it were me, I'd look into different rear springs first and see where you're at from there.
and don't address the HD rears, you'll still have a "buckboard" ride.
For sure I understand that and thought about it when putting them on. The issue with mine was that being a limo cart with the 3rd rear madjax seats I'd need the HD springs when full of people.

The Jakes would make the front act a bit more independent / right to left, I was thinking. And the ride is so bad that buckboard is better that what I have now. Its not like we are flying just need to make that front end soften as much as I can.
jpbellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:08 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You could put standard leaf springs on and use air bags or air shocks for when you have passengers etc. mount an on board compressor and a manual fill dump control. thats custom work though
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts