lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Dead Yamaha g29 2012

Okay. Here is what I have. Alltrax xct300 with no status light. No reverse buzzer in reverse. Fuse is good. New solenoid. With cart in run, key switch on I have positive voltage on the small terminals of the solenoid but no status light. Thought maybe the charger interlock might be bad but don’t know if it is supposed to be hot or cold with the charger plugged in so tried disconnecting the positive and negative charger wires and it’s state did not change either way. It will read as a ground with the meter connected to pack positive and the negative lead on this wire. Trying to remote diagnose so don’t have a way to plug my laptop in yet but wanted to at least try.

Any suggestions? Again no status light ever.

Thanks in advance
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2022, 02:04 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Dead Yamaha g29 2012

Finally got a chance to connect the laptop and have High Throttle Input Underrange. Checked wiring and all looks good that I could see. Cart was driven to where it sits. Tests for FnR, pedal and key switch all good. Shows charger plugged in with key on but not with key off.. WT? No throttle response showing at all. Try resetting Auto calibration and no dice. Controller is a 2015 and I will admit I did not put the diodes on the solenoid because I bought it from someone here and he didn’t send them. Could that have taken out the controller?

Ideas??

Edit: Forgot to mention with the key on and the small wire disconnected on the charge port it still thinks it is plugged in.
Old 06-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure, If i understand it right... i've had same cart and installed same controller. When you turn it to on, the controller should flash for the correct throttle type and then steady green. You don't have this? But you're able to display the Toolkit diagnose?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 05:20 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Controller has been working fine for years then this. Power it up and get the error. Throttle type is set correctly.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:41 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No ideas? Can anyone tell me what voltages I should see at the throttle sensor and how it unplugs at the sensor? Can’t really see it upside down.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:44 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's the test procedure for the tps:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ydre_1.pdf (108.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:06 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay TP tested bad. Removed it and tests bad at the pot itself. Also tested continuity of each of the wires and they were good. Is there a voltage I should check for or is it just a 0-5k setup?

Still get the error in the tool with it disconnected but I figured that was because it was unplugged. Tool also thinks charger is plugged in.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:47 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Seems to be a 0-5k setup only:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ydre_2.pdf (41.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-03-2022, 09:36 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well.. Was tossing and turning thinking about this and realized I had the meter on the wrong setting..

With it set to where it can read 5k I only see 1.04. Meter is set to 20k.

We sure this is supposed to be 5K ?

It is the new style pot on a ydrex2.

I do get a smooth 0 to 1k sweep when moving the position slot.

Also still never get led status light unless it is plugged into the laptop.. Starting to think the controller is shot.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just to wrap up this thread. Per Alltrax I put power on pins 8, 12 and 13 and the controller did not power up. Replaced with a new XCT and good to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha