lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 11:20 AM   #11
TreeRAT
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 e z go txt gas no spark

Do you have a picture of that wire set up? My set up is what the wiring diagram says. I swapped the wires to mirror the diagram. But I wound have to switch 2 wires on the coil harness side. Dont know the other wire. Thanks
TreeRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2022, 08:14 PM   #12
RayM
Not Yet Wild

Hi New guy here, I have A201, been reading this thread which was big help (I had Chinese parts which i replaced) . Just wanted to add another thing to check when you are having no fire issue, be sure to check your spade connectors. I found one on the red wire going to the coil, it appeared good and tested fine, but was only being held on by the insulation , broken wire. After many hours of trouble shooting this simple little wire connector was a part of the no fire issue.

Just wanted to share this so the next person will be sure to check all connectors.
RayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:37 PM   #13
Smoen55
Not Yet Wild

Hi all new to the forum and reading this post. I have had my 2001 txt for three years now and have no spark now. I also have replaced all three components with no spark still. I have ohm'd the coil and pulsar coil. Pulsar coil is 20 Ohm and coil is at 11.96 through the wires and 4.3 at the posts. Not sure how to ohm the cdi yet. Test light is solid on the white wire with nothing on the red. All the ground wires are clean and seem to be solid and intact. Just scratching my head on this one. Trying all the helpful tips but nothing seems to fixing this. One other thing last summer while using every once and awhile it would cut out for a couple seconds and sometimes it would feel like it was running on one cylinder. This spring it fired right up for about 5 seconds and quit with no spark. Any help appreciated.
Smoen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoen55 View Post
Hi all new to the forum and reading this post. I have had my 2001 txt for three years now and have no spark now. I also have replaced all three components with no spark still. I have ohm'd the coil and pulsar coil. Pulsar coil is 20 Ohm and coil is at 11.96 through the wires and 4.3 at the posts. Not sure how to ohm the cdi yet. Test light is solid on the white wire with nothing on the red. All the ground wires are clean and seem to be solid and intact. Just scratching my head on this one. Trying all the helpful tips but nothing seems to fixing this. One other thing last summer while using every once and awhile it would cut out for a couple seconds and sometimes it would feel like it was running on one cylinder. This spring it fired right up for about 5 seconds and quit with no spark. Any help appreciated.

Just for giggles, lift up the floor mat and open the pedal box. There’s a microswitch in there. Turn the key OFF. Use a fuse or something to jumper the 2 wires on that microswitch together. When you turn the key on it will immediately start to crank the engine. See if it runs now.

A bad pedal microswitch has been known to cause no spark as well, and this will bypass it for testing purposes.

To answer your question about the cdi/ignitor there is no way to test it. And unfortunately it’s long discontinued and the aftermarket replacements rarely if ever fix the problem.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO