lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Controller issues

I just installed a Navitas Tac 2.0 into a 2011 RXV W/Danaher that also has been converted to A Leaf battery at 48V. Full charge was 57.4V and it was reading ~57 when this happened.
It ran fine for 3 weeks. Charged it up last night and took it out this afternoon. Going downhill the controller started rapidly cycling the solenoid and as I tried to stop it would lock the brakes as soon as I pushed the pedal. Once stopped it would not move. Checked the app and had Low DC Bus. I noticed that the current draw was still 115 amps or so without using the accelerator and the regen should have stopped. I shut it down and could not get it to go. Run/tow still worked so I got it home.
Went through the steps for Error code 2-3 ( low bus voltage) in the manual and found that when reconnected the resistor control wire (last wire to reconnect) to the terminal on the controller, the error came back. The solenoid will not engage even with coil voltage. Checked all wiring and found no shorts or loose connections. However with the resistor connected to the controller I have ~o ohms between it and B- or B- . When I disconnect the resistor wire I have 1.25 k ohms between B- And B+ on the controller. Resistor measures .4 ohms across and the solenoid measures 104 ohms across the little posts. (36V Trombetta- Pic Incuded)
The speed was set at 60%(20), regen braking at 30% and the acceleration at 70%.
No evidence of HV/LV shutdown. (Accelerator 48v circuit interruption)

According to the manual, the check led to the resistor, but .4 ohms is good. Also the 115 amp draw when it should have been zero is sort of pointing at the controller, I think.
After further thought I think my solenoid is fried.
Any insight is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #2
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Controller issues

Nobody?

Old 06-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe a call to Navitas tech support would help.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Had to wait for them to open.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:08 PM   #5
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Finally talked to Navitas tech this afternoon. The resistor circuit failed on and was dumping all the Regen voltage to the resistor.
Sending controller back for a replacement.

Old 06-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
Finally talked to Navitas tech this afternoon. The resistor circuit failed on and was dumping all the Regen voltage to the resistor.
Sending controller back for a replacement.

Thank you for the update and follow up as I've been thinking about the TAC2. Good to know the OEM stands behind their products.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:31 PM   #7
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I am going to start a new thread when I figure this out. I have a leaf 120ah l-ion setup and believe that this may have been caused by a full charge/Regen/resistor dump issue in combination with my BMS HV/LV shutdown settings and setup. May have to ask help from the guys here with the experience with lithium and RXVs.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:56 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

You are pretty much on your own to work with Navitas on any issues that you experiance. Absolutely none of the prior RXV experience on this forum will apply once you move away from the factory RXV controllers. The programming is so different that the behavior is different.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:14 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You are pretty much on your own to work with Navitas on any issues that you experiance. Absolutely none of the prior RXV experience on this forum will apply once you move away from the factory RXV controllers. The programming is so different that the behavior is different.
Yep, I "steer clear" of that setup entirely. I'm actually amazed anyone else dared to take on "all regen brakes", and "what to do with the extra power down the hill".

I suggested "that likely wont happen" in the past. (I was wrong on that one)

The amazing thing is, it took about that long for anyone to even "take on" making a controller for the YDRE, a much simpler sepex system (a 0-5v throttle was too hard?). I was making those years ago, but me making a "all regen brakes", nope. I did convert my bosses rxv to have "real brakes" years ago & had a "hotrod" long before I was lucky enough to learn (what I was doing wrong) from bob. The stuff I "figured out on my own" even Alltrax was saying "that cant work & we cant talk to you about that anymore". I was trying to build a touchscreen interface before their bluetooth came around, no joy on their end (back when their controllers were "blue & white"). Make a "all regen brakes", nope I didnt want it & imagined it would likely never happen.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:32 AM   #10
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post

I noticed that the braking with the Navitas is much stronger than the Danaher and seemed to kick in quicker also.
So, is there timing involved in the program in relation to braking in the Curtis controller?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO