lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #401
mschwing82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Thanks! Finally figured that out on more searches, but wierd since it cosmetically looks like a flat piece of metal.

I want to use charge port. Ordering new round cable for summitt. Really confused on black battery wire, am I only using one end and if so, which end is taped and terminated, and which end (feed to where) of black to receptacle am I using, the wire to receptacle and tape/Terminate other end... Where ever it goes ..?
I hope this picture helps with what to do with the black wires. You will also need to splice the white and blue wires as explained in the OBC bypass thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220509_165747634 (1).jpg (382.4 KB, 0 views)
mschwing82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 12:52 PM   #402
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwing82 View Post
I hope this picture helps with what to do with the black wires. You will also need to splice the white and blue wires as explained in the OBC bypass thread.
Thanks!
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:58 PM   #403
Johnny NH
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

***One added option IF you have an Alltrax Controller*** They include a 7" OBC extension Harness that comes with an Alltrax, You could just modify the 'Extension Harness' instead of hacking into the OBC's Pigtail ! PLUS, it's Easier to do out of the Cart and then just plug 'er in !,,AFTER you run your 10ga wire to the to Pack 48v NEG , of course...It sucks to have to buy a new charger, but the benefits of a QUALITY Smart charger are Well worth mentioning when you invest $800 + on New Batteries!!!
Johnny NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:10 PM   #404
mtollin
Gone Wild

Interesting as I am considering an Alltrax controller. I thought the Alltrax controller had nothing to do with the OBC. Does the OBC need to be bypassed with the XCT? Either way if you have the directions on the Alltrax bypass/disable OBC I'd love to see it.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:55 AM   #405
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Interesting as I am considering an Alltrax controller. I thought the Alltrax controller had nothing to do with the OBC. Does the OBC need to be bypassed with the XCT? Either way if you have the directions on the Alltrax bypass/disable OBC I'd love to see it.
Installing an Alltrax does not require you to bypass the OBC. Bypassing the OBC is typically required if you use a smart charger.

The directions to bypass the OBC are in this thread, the process varies depending on what drive system you have; Series or IQ.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #406
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypass ~ Technnical Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
All model years of the Series carts...

You need to run the Yellow wire that is connected to the solenoid small post directly to Controller B- or pack negative.
Didn't see it asked so hear it goes... Club Car DS Series with OBC: Do you see any problems with running a new black ground wire from charge plug to battery pack negative like you said, but then leaving the factory OBC yellow to provide ground to the solenoid? I presume as long as the OBC is still providing a pack negative to the solenoid there would be no issues doing this? Of course if your OBC is fried this probably wouldn't work, but for those simply wanting to use a different charger would this would be ok?
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #407
AviationGSE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
That is because the E.R.I.C charging system does not use an OBC.
You just help resolve an issue that I was chasing for days on a 1997 Club Car. However will the ERIC charger stop charging or should it be under observation while charging?
AviationGSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:34 PM   #408
Kiddart1
Not Yet Wild

Hi everyone, I have completed the OBC bypass (actually removed the OBC) there is a solenoid with a large yellow wire that is not connected to anything just dangling. I have purchased a new charger, plugged it in and both power and full charge light are on, but the cart just clicks when i push the pedal. I have already replaced the MCOR and that has led me to the bypass.

what did I miss?
Kiddart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #409
e368s52
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If You are using an XCT controller, You don't need to jump the Blue and White wires, just follow the instructions on post #116 below to change the Alltrax settings to work without the jumper.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1473844
If You don't want or can not change the settings, then You need to jump the Blue and White wires on the harness side of the OBC 6-pin connector.

I have a 2003 CC IQ and I've done the OBC bypass and the cart charges properly with a ERIC charger. I recently installed the XCT controller and before I knew there were settings that could be changed, I used the jumper on the blue and white wire to get it to operate. Since I wanted to keep the interlock function so that the cart would be disabled while charging, I followed some instructions here to add a 10k ohm 1W resistor to the blue/white wires and the grey wire. Unfortunately, the interlock function still doesn't work. Perhaps those instructions were for a stock controller with OBC bypass and not for XCT controller with OBC bypass. Does anyone know how I could add the interlock function back to my cart if I have OBC bypass, ERIC charger, and XCT controller? THANKS!
e368s52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 05:50 PM   #410
armch33
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2010 club car ds villager that is a little different and I’m wanting to understand if the process is essentially the same. It came with an on-board charger and extension cord that I would love to remove along with the OBC. I’m planning to install two 48 volt lithium eagle batteries from bigbatteries.com. This comes with its own charger.

1. When the instructions state to cut the black negative cable that is attached to the charger can that step be skipped if I won’t use that charger? Can’t I just go from the black negative battery main pack to the new charger?

2. Can the main negative that goes from the controller B - through the OBC be reused by pulling it through the hole and attaching a new wire lug to connect to the battery?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2C245771-B297-49BA-9F63-B289E1B76724.jpg (33.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D58213F7-14CB-46BC-B2A0-4A3B2E5E1CCA.jpg (18.9 KB, 0 views)
armch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car