lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2022, 10:10 PM   #21
Thevirge
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo 36v cart for dummies

It seems like we may have a similar issue. I have a new project cart 2006 EZGO TXT PDS 36v. The controller was bad when I got it and the solenoid was missing. Got a refurb controller. Seems fine. Bought the 36v solenoid and the shop tossed in a old resistor. I followed the wiring guide and attempted to put it all back together correctly. Cart is stuck in limp mode. Found out that the buzzer was bad so ordered that and replaced it this evening. Reverse push test says the speed sensor is good. Diag code is 3-2 welded solenoid. Solenoid seems to test fine out of the cart (will do a deeper test and get a new one just in case).

I found a post that said it might be the micro switch for the pedal. Working but not passing full voltage and diagnosing as a welded solenoid.

When taking everything back apart this evening I noticed the older resistor is broken and was only 6.5 watt not 10 that seems to be recommended. I will order a new solenoid, pedal switch and resistor and post my results.

Questions for the group… when putting all the wiring back together I found two different pictures. One showed the c1 connection from the motor to the solenoid (large connector opposite the battery side). Another showed it connected to the controller directly where the negative terminal was. The length of the cable and the memory bend seemed to line up with the solenoid so that is what I did. Not 100% sure that is correct. If anyone has my cart I would love a good picture of the wiring.

Did you get your cart working? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thevirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2022, 07:44 AM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ezgo 36v cart for dummies

In the stickies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CA23F630-A41A-44A3-848B-9E5A7B088603.jpeg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO