lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Is my MCOR going bad?

I just bought a 2008 Club Car (stealth 4x4) about 2 weeks ago. It ran perfect until last Monday. I was driving through some thick weeds and brush and after about 500 yards it started jerking at low speeds. I was on it about 2 hours that day and it only done it about 4 times the whole day. I charged it up and rode it Tuesday for about 1/2 hour and it ran fine. Charged it up again and took it out tonight and it done it again. Tonight I noticed it only jerked when going up a hill.

I did crawl under it Monday and check all the wireing and it seemed o.k and the connections were tight on the controller.

My question is, does the mcor go bad all at once or gradually? Could it be anything else?

I am fairly mechanical, but just learning about DC. I am going this weekend to get a multi meter and a hydrometer. I have been reading alot on this sight and this is just my guess as to what is wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Frick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Is my MCOR going bad?

Kinda sounds like you have a battery problem,maybe not getting charged up enough.I know that the stealth cars have AGM batteries.The MCOR will act kinda funky when its bad.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It has 8 6 volt lead acid batteries. I will check them as soon and I get the tools this weekend. The charger does go all the way to 0 and shuts off. I don't have a way to check them yet to see if they are fully charged.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Kinda sounds like you have a battery problem,maybe not getting charged up enough.I know that the stealth cars have AGM batteries.The MCOR will act kinda funky when its bad.

i agree before you jump to the M-Cor have batteries tested and load tested...........might have one dropping out under load.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shadowman, Tuesday when I took it out, I climbed a pretty steep hill and it went right up it. That's why I don't understand why it's so random when it happens.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Were you running in 4x4 or 4x2 when this happened?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

4x2 only time I've had it in 4x4 is to check it out when I bought it.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think maybe you should look at the batteries first. That MCOR switch is expensive.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I was hoping you would say that. I'll check them out this weekend and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the help
Old 09-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
Frick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I think I found the problem. I took the back seat off tonight, where the other 2 batteries are, and found that the neg cable on the 5th battery was not tight. It was snug, but I could still move it by hand. I won't know for sure since it was so random when it happened. Thanks to everybody for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car