Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 02:04 PM   #11
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2020 Club Car Onward 48V Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The motor shown EJ8-4001A and the 1510A controller are fully compatible with each other.

That controller will work fine with the IQ harness.

If the other used Controller is a white ERIC or gray EXCEL controller than the IQ harness would have to be modified for the Controller to work.

A new Alltrax XCT controller will work fine with the IQ harness and would really wake up that motor.
Tried to send you a PM, but it looks like your box is full. I will just lay it out here instead...

Thanks for your help on my motor questions in the classifieds! With respect to your comment about adding an Alltrax XCT controller, what amperage would you advise?

For reference, I plan to add a back seat, lift kit, & 22 or 23 inch tires at some point. I won't be going off-road and no hills to climb, all flat ground cruising through the neighborhood.

Appreciate you jumping in and helping...have read a good number of your posts and everything is really well grounded with presentation of information. Shorter version, you seem really helpful and do a good job of making it consumable.

Thanks again.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I personally have the XCT 500 from ScottyB and I really like it, but since I still use my stock motor I have the current limited to 400 amps.

Since you don't have hills the XCT 400 without a fan (unless you live in a very hot area) would be a good option:
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltr...0XCT48400%20IQ
Old 10-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #13
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

One motor sold. One still available
Old 10-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #14
CGSteve
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
One motor sold. One still available
Sent a PM...hope all is well.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #15
jimmer29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

@Sergio.... Tried to PM you, but it said your inbox was full, and you would have to delete some items...

Basically the same thing that CGsteve posted.. couple of rookie questions, still.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just post the questions if related to this thread or start a new thread, a lot of times other folks have similar questions and helps having the insight of more members.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #17
jimmer29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Just post the questions if related to this thread or start a new thread, a lot of times other folks have similar questions and helps having the insight of more members.
@Sergio... You said that the controller was not compatible with wiring harness without a few modifications.

I bought a bucket wiring harness for a different Club Car (2018 Precedent) previously that I did not use on it. Can I use that one with the 2020 Onward motor and controller??

Can you tell me what modifications that I may have to make to make the harness compatible with the controller?? Thanks..
Old 10-11-2020, 08:13 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The white ERIC Controller 1515-5206 is compatible with the harness in all Precedents 2014 (manufactured after October 2013) and up including Onward.

If You are going to install the 1515-5206 controller in an IQ harness:
The main issue is that IQ harness connects the speed sensor negative to Controller pin #13.

The White Controller does not provide negative on that pin.

The Solution is to cut the black/white wire going to pin #13 on the Controller 16-pin connector about 3 inches before the connector.

Tape the side of the wire going to the Controller as it will not be used.

Use a length of 16ga wire to connect the other side of the black/white wire directly to Controller B-.

If You are going to install the 1515-5206 controller in an Excel harness:
There are 453 ohm resistors soldered in each of the throttle wires (White, Yellow, Purple) that need to be by-passed inside the main harness.

Make sure you put the cart in Tow and disconnect the battery pack before cutting the wires.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #19
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Both motors are sold
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts