lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #1
DebNeidert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 Trim repair

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or ideas on repair of the trim piece that goes above the instrument panel on the front cowl on the Yamaha G1? Perhaps ideas on a replacement? This is my first golf cart ever and I’d like to do as quality of a restoration as possible. Also brand new to the forum. Appreciate any advice. I hope the photo attached works and illustrates the trim piece I am describing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A77FD43B-9857-4348-B6B7-66F706DD500B.jpg (9.9 KB, 0 views)
DebNeidert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Trim repair

if im seeing the picture correctly your pointing to the rubber trim that is riveted in with plastic rivets and matches the rubber mat on the cowl. these are no longer available as im sure youve found out.

On my 80 and 84 G1's i removed these and cleaned them well with warm soapy water and used a wax/ grease remover (a very light cleaner) sprayed them with adhesion promoter and then used krylon fusion semi gloss black. the 84 was like that for a few years before I sold it and it held up really well.

This can depend on the condition of the material it self.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:42 PM   #3
DebNeidert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Mine is pretty well beat up, scratched and dented.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I got a flat rubber mat from Home Depot and cut new floor pieces from it. I used the leftover to cut a new piece that goes there. There are off the shelf retainers at auto parts stores that I used to fasten it down. It worked great and looks professional. The cart is 110 miles away so I can't take any pics.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
DebNeidert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey that’s a great idea!
Old 10-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #6
wchouinard1
Not Yet Wild

I'm planning on same thing w/ rubber and using the old mat as guide to cut it. Either that or nice looking astro turf material. My piece you're looking for cleaned up nice with grease remover and I bought some trim restorer off amazon I'm gonna try. Blak once a year and Cerakote ceramic trim kit
wchouinard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha