lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default solar charger question

anyone have a solar power battery charger?? i found one for 15 bucks and its small --ima put a separate battery to run lights and etc and was wondering how these things work.. are they worth it? its pretty cheap so i can just mount it on the roof and connect it to the battery... its a trickle charger battery charger so im sure it just turns off once its full.

LMK what you guys think and have done with these... thanks
dropnbombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: solar charger question

I haven't heard of a small one for the accessories but, it's a good idea. If it charges one battery and you have a lot of sun and park in the sun, it should work good.
Let us know what happens and how good it works.
Some where they use solar cells to charge the cart batteries. It's not quite there yet. Not enough amps?
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

When I Was In The Army We Had Little Solar Panels On The Equipment About 6x6 To Maintain The Batteries And They Worked Really Good.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What is the watt rating of the panel. Most of the cheap panels you see advertised are between 5 and 15w. With lots of sun those are barely able to keep up with the natural discharge rate of a fully charged 12v battery.

I have three 130w solar panels on the roof of my motorhome and they can produce up to 20a through a MPPT controller in bright sun. That system cost over $2000.00 and I installed them. A $20.00 1.5a battery maintainer from Walmart would be a more practical method.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i havent noiced Jim but i saw it on ebay but ill check that since i just want one to keep my separate 12V charged..
Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Gerardjr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a small solar panel in my boat that would plug into the cigarette lighter and trickle charge the batteries. It work pretty well we could play the radio all day and not have to worry about the batts.
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
dropnbombs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

^^^thats what ive been hearing i guess ima make the purcahse its $15 bucks..thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO