lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: street legal carts in georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelt View Post
Somebody needs to tell GSP troopers on Jekyll this definition. They interpret it to mean lap belts for all passengers. If it's a 2+2 (four people), you'll get a ticket or at least a warning if there aren't 4 lap belts installed. And there better not be more that 4 people riding either. Jekyll Is. Auth. does not require the amber strobe or the slow moving vehicle triangle.
How do they interpret hand holds? I'm assuming the front seat has them in the roof, but the back seat really only has arm rests.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
That's built-into my 1998 EZ-GO TXT. Read the words carefully and look at yours again.

The front seat has "hip restraints" built into the seat. Hand holds are on the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelt View Post
Somebody needs to tell GSP troopers on Jekyll this definition. They interpret it to mean lap belts for all passengers. If it's a 2+2 (four people), you'll get a ticket or at least a warning if there aren't 4 lap belts installed. And there better not be more that 4 people riding either. Jekyll Is. Auth. does not require the amber strobe or the slow moving vehicle triangle.
I just did a Lexis Nexis search for "hip restraint" and got only one hit, O.C.G.A. § 40-6-363

I searched for "seat belt" and only got one hit for that as well, related to school busses.

Searched for "lap belt" and got one hit.

"Safety belt" yielded 13 hits, so...

If they consistently used the term "belt" above, you might be able to challenge the term "hip restraint" but I ain't a lawyer. I interpreted it to mean something to keep folks from sliding out of their seats while cornering.

The legislation was probably largely written by the big three buggy makers in GA, so I'd think they'd want to be as liberal as possible on the requirements, but could be wrong.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #33
dubignon
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info regardless of the ambiguity
dubignon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #34
69Stang
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone have any updates on the laws in Georgia? Just wondering if there have been any clarifications.

I've read the rules for Jekyll Island and St. Simons and they specifically say "seat belts" when referencing hip restraints. That doesn't make sense me, but at least they are allowing use of golf carts on road.

I ordered the reflix reflectors and I'm going to install a horn. My county (Lowndes) has passed areas that are legal, but they are way south of me in Lake Park.

I passed an oncoming cop the other day and he didn't bat an eye.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #35
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

those regulations are very close to my regulations in SC.
jdpber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!