lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #31
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: My New Harley Buggy

It's possible that your timing is off or the fuel mixture has too much oil in it. There is a homemade tool on the forum called a timing stop that will make timing much easier. It stops the piston travel at its correct spot in reverse as well as forward.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #32
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I like the idea of that tool, it would work nicely as long as the timing marks on the flywheel are correct. And it'd be pretty helpful checking the timing marks with absolute TDC too......

Strangely my flywheel marks to TDC were way off, but I'm sure 99.9999999999% of the time they are right. I'm still looking for a decent explanation why mine were so far off, but they were. All I can say is 'It ain't easy being me' in the .0000000001% category
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #33
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Got it done and have been running it around the hood, MUCH better after the rebuild. It's stronger and quieter with good throttle response, dang thing is still a little faster in reverse at 13mph with only 10mph forward. I worked on the timing for a loooong time trying to get that turned around but never did, I'm wondering if the gen only charges in forward giving it a heavier load? Oh well, It is what it is and will have to do..... Thanks y'all for your help, Whew!!
Old 02-03-2020, 11:03 PM   #34
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Latest and final update, after 36 holes of golf and about 20 miles of neighborhood I ran through the first tank of break-in fuel/oil mix of 40:1 then into the normal mix of 85:1. It kept running better and better, top speed was up to 17mph in forward with good low end torque. Success!!...........

So, I put a for sale sign on it mainly just to see what happens and sold it on the second day. Made a nice profit so all in all it turned out to be a great winter project, hope to get over this bit of sellers remorse I'm feeling now lol.

Thanks everyone for your help on this one
Old 02-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #35
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Very nice, congrats on the sale!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson