lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #21
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Driving vibration RXV at speed

I like the way you think👍
In the passed I’ve set up rears with a bit too much back lash or had pinion engaging too little not enough of the ring gears ‘gear mesh”.(too much clearance between gears)
In both case’s too much lash caused clunking in rear at constant,neutral no load. Not hearing any noise correct?

Too little lash caused whining rear. Too little pinion to ring gear mesh,pattern well that caused blown rear on starting line lol.

Back to tires wheels. If tires are .060” out off ground no load. How out of round are they under load?
Reason for suggesting tire shaving truing medthod.
It spins and loads tire simulating real world conditions on tire.
Shows uneven rubber coating of tire, bad belt in tire, things we can’t see with visual measurements.

First time I had it done on a set of tires I was convinced it was bs thinking why would anyone shave rubber off a new high dollar race tire? Results ended my tire shake at high speed.
Granted no way should you need to do this being a new cart and warranty.🤔

However I do like your trouble shooting thought process along with this discussion as it may help others.
Please let us know the resolve😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2019, 07:38 PM   #22
Vulcaneer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your thoughts, Cobra. I hear no differential clunking noises. But I think in low power, low torque and low speed applications, I believe a loud clunk may not be evidenced. I do hear a less severe shucking noise as the drive train searches back and forth to retain cruising speed.

Back to wheels...No doubt that balancing and roundness truing is desirable. I cannot find those resources in my area...at least for cart tires. But also out of round condition of less than .060” TIR, under golf cart conditions should be well within tolerance. Whether, it is ground in, shaved in, tire matching selection, or blown in with air pressure. TIR of .060” is .060” regardless of how it gets there. And that should take the tires out of the equation.

So in my mind, other rotating members should be looked at. And there are only so many other rotating members on a golf cart. That being said, there is one other thing that might be considered. Weak shock absorbers. A weak shock will not suppress a slightly out of balance wheel. And bouncing can result.
Vulcaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:09 AM   #23
EvilSpirit1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

You have to wonder if this is the reason why a cart this new was for sale to begin with. It might not have been a "demo" model - it might have been one that the 1st dealer couldn't fix and had to buy back. Personally I would call EZGO corporate and have them pull the warranty files on it. I would be surprised if it didn't show claims made by the 1st stealership to fix the issue.
EvilSpirit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:04 AM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSpirit1 View Post
You have to wonder if this is the reason why a cart this new was for sale to begin with. It might not have been a "demo" model - it might have been one that the 1st dealer couldn't fix and had to buy back. Personally I would call EZGO corporate and have them pull the warranty files on it. I would be surprised if it didn't show claims made by the 1st stealership to fix the issue.
Lol, because those guys are so helpful, they will find a way to charge you for the call! (Well, that's what they do to the dealers now, charge us to fix their problems)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #25
Vulcaneer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
If these are stock tires, you can forget about ever getting that 'Cadillac cushy ride' 1) it's a golf cart, 2) the tires that come on golf carts not only say 'not for highway use' for a reason, but are designed for turf and rough terrain found on golf courses.

If you want real improvement, you have to spend money on DOT rated road tires, often the ones with custom rims that are a bit expensive.
This is spot on advice. Finally bit the bullet and sprung for cast wheels and DOT highway tires. Problem solved. No more bouncing at any speed. This did the trick. Total and complete smoothness.

This after two new sets of KUMHO Hole in One tires from dealer. Then he threw up his hands and left me on my own.
Vulcaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #26
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you finally solved the ride problem 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO