lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I need some real help

Here we go. I put in a S/G that I rebuilt and realized the battery was bad. The S/ G I put in worked but it would barely turn so I had to choke it everytime to get it to run no matter how warm it was. I put new brushes in the other S/G and reinstalled it. I got everything put back together, the S/ G purred like a kitten but now it wouldn't start. I pulled the plugs and neither one is getting spark. I tested every wire from the coil all the way back to the battery and all plugs. Everyone of the have continuity. I tested my positive lead at the coil and I got 12.9 on positive and 4.5ohms on the negative. I unplugged the red and black wire that go into the engine and inserted my meter leads then turned the motor by hand. You could see when it sent a pulse through.But I'm still not getting spark so I bought a new dual ignition coil and still no spark. I'm totally lost now.
Macdoctor56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need some real help

It sucks because I'm handicap, I use the cart to get around our campground and play with my granddaughter.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
Johnmaster
Not Yet Wild

06 txt
I replaced a solenoid and then cleaned my starter brushes and no spark. There is a red wire that attaches about 12" away from the ignitor and runs to the coils. I left the wire disconnected when changing the solenoid and no spark. It has a solder joint in it. maybe your's is corroded?
Johnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
Johnmaster
Not Yet Wild

it connects at the small terminal of the solenoid, mine had a female spade connector.
Johnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What do you mean when you say you "pulled the plugs" and you are not getting spark?

Are you getting fuel?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:24 AM   #6
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I replaced the starter/generator. Before I replaced it the cart ran great the s/g was dragging and I had to choke it everytime no matter how warm it was. I changed the s/g but when I went to start it it wouldn't start just the s/g ran. I pulled the plugs and held them to a ground and push the accelerator. I didn't have spark on either plug. I replaced the ignition coil thinking it was it but still no spark. I finally replaced the cdi box today because I was told "I guarentee that's what's wrong with it. Guess what, got 1 spark everytime I pushed down the accelerator but only one spark. I'm lost, I'm ready to shoot my cart.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

When you are testing for spark are you leaving one plug wire connected or are you removing both wires at once ?
The plug will not fire if you remove both to check. Put one plug wire back on and test for spark on one at a time.
I assume we are talking about a 9hp Robbins ? .
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #8
Macdoctor56
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I leave the plugs plugged into the coil wires and look at them. I actually pull the plugs out then put them back on the coil wires.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdoctor56 View Post
I leave the plugs plugged into the coil wires and look at them. I actually pull the plugs out then put them back on the coil wires.
That is not what trig asked you. Do you understand the question?
Old 07-21-2018, 01:19 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Are you sure you are getting FUEL to the motor?

Trying to help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO