lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
K1remer
Not Yet Wild

Default 99 club car ds vibration at top speed

Please help. I am working on a 99 DS for a neighbor. Just put a 6" a arm lift kit and new tires on it. When you are going slow is is fine, but at full speed it has a bad vibration. I tried a different set of wheels I knew were good and didn't fix the issue. No play in rear axle. Alignment is correct. Did add HD leaf springs and new shocks to rear. Any ideas on where to go next would be greatly appreciated. It is 48v with 2 year old batteries
K1remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
ecaldwell78
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 99 club car ds vibration at top speed

When you say alignment is correct, are you referring to both toe and camber? What is the toe in set at? Should be between 1/8" and 1/4". Also, did the leafs in the back seat in the centering pins correctly? Measure the distance between the rear of the front tire and the front of the rear tire on both sides to make sure rear end is not crooked. Also, check tire pressure. I know you said you tried different wheels and it didn't fix it. Are the brakes adjusted correctly and not dragging? This is just a few things to check out. Hope it helps and welcome to BGW!
ecaldwell78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Is it bouncing from the back or the front or can you tell?

One way to check the drive train is jack it up and "securely" put it on stands. Remove the wheels and carefully run the cart without the wheels. If it runs smooth, put the wheels back on and do it again. It is harder with the front as you have no mechanical (electrical) force, but you can spin the hubs by hand and inspect everything again why you are there.

I would have almost sworn it was your tires, but since you swapped them with a known set that almost rules thrm out. Try the things above and it may identify or reveal the issue whether it be the mechanical failure or something amiss with the installation.

Good Luck!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
K1remer
Not Yet Wild

Toe in is set at 1/8". Measures between tires and they are identical. Tried running it on jack stands already and get the same vibration. On jack stands it vibrates with the pedal half down, and if you press further it stops. On the ground with a load, it kind of maxs out right at the point of the vibration. I have checked and rechecked the I stall and all is good and tight. Could this be electrical? I have lifted over 20 carts with no issues, this is the only one. The cart did sustain some underbody damage a while back (lower end of stock was bent to a 45 and the leaf spring was almost falling off. That may be the issue as well. I didn't drive it too much before lifting, so this problem may have been there and gone unnoticed due to the lack of remaining suspension on the drivers side
Old 07-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Try swapping the front and rear wheels/tires. Also, if it does this with wheels jacked off ground I don't think its a damage issue.

You did fix the damage right?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
K1remer
Not Yet Wild

I actually tried a while new set of tires and same issue. I replaced all parts that were damaged
Old 07-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

It has to be the MCOR.

Are the wheels turning straight no wobbling. How about the wheel bearings? Can you tell if it is in the front or back.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1remer View Post
Tried running it on jack stands already and get the same vibration. On jack stands it vibrates with the pedal half down, and if you press further it stops. -snip-
Then it is mechanical - unless you did not remove the wheels as I mentioned.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car