lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
epicjohn
Not Yet Wild

Default Increasing top speed in a curtis 1268 with OEM programmer

Hi, first time post. Long time reader as I've been working as a service tech for the last year on golf carts. Before this I worked on high power DIY ebikes.

Anyways. I've got an evolution/HDK that the customer wants to increase in speed. I've gone through the manual and increased every obvious setting in the controller. All I can get is 22 mph(with the wind to my back), but I've got other carts here that can reach near 25 mph with the exact same setup.

All I can think is the batteries are the issue, but they're year old trojans that seem well cared for. They only sag to 45v at top speed pulling 80a.

The controller top speed maxes out at 40kmph (~25mph), and unloaded (with rear wheels jacked up) the controller can reach this speed.

I'm at a loss. Is there any programmer setting that I'm missing?
epicjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Increasing top speed in a curtis 1268 with OEM programmer

The controller doesn't really know speed but only rpm. It is doing a speed calculation based on gear ratios and tire size. That being said if it will reach the desired speed unloaded or going down a hill I would look at the battery pack.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts