lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
BLeder1212
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Deneher to Curtis conversion

We have two custom carts built on EZ-GO RXV drive trains with Daneher motor controllers. One has been updated to a Curtis controller recently due to water immersion damage. We have the Curtis 1313 handheld & have determined that no fault codes are present after the change over. We were under the impression that the swap would produce a cart that ran at a preset factory setting. At this time the cart will not move. The Handheld is showing the following; No SD card, No Card Present. If anyone has any insight into what may be wrong that would be great.

Additionally, once we get this running, we have been told that we would need factory codes to set our top speeds. The factory settings are typically set too fast for our application & we require the same speed in reverse as we do forward. We are completely new to this & would appreciate any help. The factory has been reluctant to assist us as we are not authorized dealers. Our parts supplier is authorized to sell the components, however does not have the technical knowledge to assist.
BLeder1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Deneher to Curtis conversion

I use my 1313 often with no sd card installed. Sd card is not your problem. The controllers are shipped without the speed code installed, 14mph will be top speed (but ANY speed below that can be set as "forward max speed") . I dont think that the controller will allow you to set the "reverse max speed" above 7 (that max limit cant be changed). Same speed in reverse (if above 7mph) just aint gonna happen. I am using the "level 4" programmer, higher than i am supposed to have (as far as ezgo is concerned), the highest level available to anyone who does not work for "curtis". I feel that if all you are getting is "No SD card present", it is likely not connecting to the controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO