lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Erik10206
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT Freedom ELiTE Freedom Mode - HowTo

I have been reading through some posts about unlocking freedom mode and the various levels involved. What I haven't been able to discern is what, if any, jumper will work to enable the freedom mode(s) or if this is one of the models where we need to "rent" the dealer key to enable it. Let me know if you need more details on the unit. They are 2018 Models.
Erik10206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO TXT Freedom ELiTE Freedom Mode - HowTo

If they are the 48 volt TXT carts I believe that you can still use the purchased dongle from EZGo to put them in Freedom mode. There is no jumper plug on these like the old PDS carts. It can also be done using a computer and interface cable with developer software. That same software will also let you tweak a few other parameters as well to get some more umph out of that controller. Where are you located ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Erik10206
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply! I would love to get more info about the cable and software. I have 2-3 of the carts and am located in Omaha, NE
Old 02-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well here is some interesting reading.. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

Another member here, BobBoyce, who is currently travelling, has the setup you need. I can't speak for him but I know in the past he has had members ship their controller to him and he will set it and send it back..
Old 02-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, the elite (lithium) carts are unable to be programmed like that. The lithium pack BMS must be present, along with the pack itself. The BMS must handshake with the controller or it times out and shuts down. All new E-Z-GO carts with Lithium packs or 72V packs cannot be programmed with the hacked programming cable that is mentioned in the Programming Curtis Controller thread. The new controllers require a genuine Curtis interface, or they get an error when trying to connect.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #6
Erik10206
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Unfortunately, the elite (lithium) carts are unable to be programmed like that. The lithium pack BMS must be present, along with the pack itself. The BMS must handshake with the controller or it times out and shuts down. All new E-Z-GO carts with Lithium packs or 72V packs cannot be programmed with the hacked programming cable that is mentioned in the Programming Curtis Controller thread. The new controllers require a genuine Curtis interface, or they get an error when trying to connect.

Bob
Bob-

Thanks for the detailed reply. Is unlocking this mode still an option? I can reach out to the dealer to see about getting the programming done.

Erik
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My bad. I didn’t realize these were part of the new design. Thanks for setting me straight Bob. Now I just need to find one of those original cables.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
Erik10206
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
My bad. I didn’t realize these were part of the new design. Thanks for setting me straight Bob. Now I just need to find one of those original cables.
No worries! I appreciate the info.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik10206 View Post
Bob-

Thanks for the detailed reply. Is unlocking this mode still an option? I can reach out to the dealer to see about getting the programming done.

Erik
Sorry, I apparently missed this message while I was travelling. Dealers cannot access the high level menus required to turn these carts up beyond Freedom Mode. Even if they had that ability, they risk losing their dealership standing with E-Z-GO by violating company policy. Simply put, the changes that have been made in the new model years, have handicapped anyone that is not highly familiar with these controllers new Operating Systems (internal software).

I had predicted that this would accur, and warned those that were posting certain proprietary information that could pose a threat to Curtis. I warned that Curtis would respond, and they did. So while the new changes made no difference to guys like me, it accomplished what Curtis had intended. It stopped the average joe with a hacked interface from being able to access the newer controllers at all.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, knew this day would come. Fortunately for me, average rxvs & txt48 are not on the new system (yet). That's the risk/danger of too much proprietary info getting out. It's not like they don't see things like the "make your own cable" thread.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO