lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Help with G2 project

Hey guys I need some info on doing a big block swap in my Yamaha g2. This is my first Yamaha so I know nothing about them. Does somebody sell V-twin motor mounts for them like Walkntall does for EZGO's?

Also what lift kit do you guys recommend? I'm going to be using this cart a lot for work and play so the stronger the better!
Thanks for the help
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Travis91
Gone Wild

www.cartspartsplus.com
Travis91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
made4mudd357
Gone Wild

carts parts plus wouldnt sell me just the mount so me an my buddy made one we welded a piece of flat steel to the front tube of the swingarm on the underside the welded a plate we made from 1/8 steel maybe 1/2 i forget we welded the plate from the flat steel to the stock rear mounts and it worked. just make sure your clutches line up i still run the stock belt the only problem i had was the oil filter hit the rear end so i made a remote set up ill find pics for you
made4mudd357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
made4mudd357
Gone Wild

ill take more tommorow
made4mudd357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Thanks. I havent torn into the Yamaha yet so I may understand better then.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Clayboy made his own engine mount also.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
Clayboy
Gone Wild

In the next week or so, I am going to make 2 more. I got a friend that is on the edge of going Big Block and I think having an engine mount will push him over the edge!
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

LOL hey could you make me one while your at it? I would pay for the materials and your time working on it.

I moved popcart into my shop today and just started looking at it. It reminds me of that movie house of wax. I cant even find the bolts to get the engine out. So much melted plastic!!!!

Oh this is the engine going in it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5442&rd=1&rd=1

I am keeping this cart for myself to pull a finish mower so I dont need a fancy engine. Anything going on this cart will be for performance. I wont even replace the burnt body parts. It may look like shi# but it will run like a champ.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Clayboy
Gone Wild

I got a few ideas for my new mount. Let me see how things go together first, then we will see about making a few more.
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I worked on my G2 today and took off the roof, bed and back body. Now I need to pull the engine out. I cant see anything in the engine compartment it looks like a big wad of melted plastic. All the bolts are covered up and this being my first G2 I have no idea where to look for them. How many bolts are holding in the rear end/engine assembly and where are they? Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha