lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
BT4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Tire Rub After Jakes 6 inch Lift Kit Install?

New to the Site, Just started a G9 rebuild. Engine is running fine after some work, we recently put on the front end of the Jakes 6 inch lift kit with A arms along with 22x11x10 tires and the left front tire rubs on the steering arm. The right tire has at least an inch clearance from the steering arm. Did not know if anyone has any idea as to why this might happen or a way to tweak it, my guess is to get 2 inch spacer and it will clear fine. Did not think I would need spacers just to get clearance right away. WHy would one side be different from the other?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

BT4
BT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Tire Rub After Jakes 6 inch Lift Kit Install?

to BGW! Pictures of the front end will help.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

how is your front end aligned? do the tires look pretty much the same when they are facing forward? if not you may need toadjust your camber to move the left tire to the right position which on the camber you want the top to be 1/8 inch in more than the bottom. the other possibility is a rim with a different offset.idk.but if you need any help after checking that stuff those guys at jakes are very helpful. welcome to the site and yes pics would help
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilster734 View Post
how is your front end aligned? do the tires look pretty much the same when they are facing forward? if not you may need toadjust your camber to move the left tire to the right position which on the camber you want the top to be 1/8 inch in more than the bottom. the other possibility is a rim with a different offset.idk.but if you need any help after checking that stuff those guys at jakes are very helpful. welcome to the site and yes pics would help

Check and make sure the "shallow" part of the rim is toward the cart. Your rims do have offset don't they?

Don't ask how I know...
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
BT4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the replies, I am new to cart building and when I ordered the tires i asked will the fit with a lifted jakes kit and on a g9, they responded telling me they would, the one side looks great. The tires align perfectly when one the cart, I will take some pictures tonight and post them. Maybe the tires are not correct? Or something else is wrong, I am a novice at this so maybe its something easy that Im missing.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

postem and we will take a look and help ya out
Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT4 View Post
Thanks for the replies, I am new to cart building and when I ordered the tires i asked will the fit with a lifted jakes kit and on a g9, they responded telling me they would, the one side looks great. The tires align perfectly when one the cart, I will take some pictures tonight and post them. Maybe the tires are not correct? Or something else is wrong, I am a novice at this so maybe its something easy that Im missing.
BT4, if you mounted these tires on your original factory rims you will continue to have issues.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Tires will be fine but the rims need offset. Sis you get new rims? If you look at the rim one side should be deeper than the other. The shallow end goes toward the cart and the deep end goes to the outside.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
BT4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just measured my rims and low and be hold they are not offset so i guess its my fault for trusting what they said originally. I assume if i get a 1 or 2 inch spacer i should be fine?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

you got it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha