lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #101
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 36V TXT build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
I think this is the chart Orangeman6 was referring to.
That’s it. Looks like it’s the non colored wires. Of course I had the order all screwed up.

OP, do you still have a reed switch?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #102
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I tested power best could. Get 37v almost everywhere. But nothing coming out of the controller. Still dead as can be. Still no beeping, no sound when I push the pedal, no nothing. I may go ahead and order the controller.

Curios, if I upgrade to a new controller and matched solenoid, whays left besides the motor that can go bad on the electronics? I've already reap laced the f&r switch.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #103
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
So I tested power best could. Get 37v almost everywhere. But nothing coming out of the controller. Still dead as can be. Still no beeping, no sound when I push the pedal, no nothing. I may go ahead and order the controller.

Curios, if I upgrade to a new controller and matched solenoid, whays left besides the motor that can go bad on the electronics? I've already reap laced the f&r switch.
You can easily check the motor by following the diagram I just posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motor test.jpg (10.8 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #104
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

If you still do not have a click from your solenoid when you press the pedal, you should check your throttle mico switch.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #105
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am ordering the alltrax 500 and 400 solenoid from ScottyB this week. I can't stand my golf cart not moving! Hoping this fixes it. Once I pull the trigger I am loading up the cart and hauling it to a boat mechanic buddy that tinkers in everything. He is going to install the new stuff and make sure it's wired up properly.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #106
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Rusty, even if he finds something else that keeps/kept it from running....the upgrade to the new controller/solenoid will improve your drive system regardless.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:42 AM   #107
coosa
Gone Wild

sorry, posted in wrong thread
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #108
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Rusty, even if he finds something else that keeps/kept it from running....the upgrade to the new controller/solenoid will improve your drive system regardless.

Agreed! I just hope it fixes it. That is why I asked in a previous post about "besides the controller solenoid, motor and F&R switch" what could possibly make this cart be completely dead". Because I would really like to find what has killed this cart. I have followed the schematics some people posted and found power pretty much everywhere I checked except coming out of the controller. I have not yet checked the pedal.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:12 PM   #109
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
My carts are both TXT 36 volt carts, so this application may not apply directly to the OP, but maybe it will give someone else an idea of their options. There really isn't a lot of info easily available on how to mount a winch to a cart.

The first one had an EZGO lift kit and bumper on it when I bought it. I think it is a 5" lift. I decided it would be easy to fabricate a mount myself, and this is what it looks like:

All I did was take a piece of flat 1/4" steel and drill holes in it. I also had to cut a notch out to make it go around the steering mount. I used grade 8 bolts to attach everything and this winch has worked well for 5 years. It is great when pulling straight ahead, but I have to limit the weight if pulling up.

On the next cart I used a Jake's 6" lift and bought their winch bumper for mounting the winch. It looks like this:

As you can see, it moves the winch further out in front of the cart. It will pull ok straight ahead, but won't pull up at all unless I chain the bumper to the axle. That's a trick I have used to load a deer into the back. You can see the roller I installed behind the seat in order to pull backwards:

Maybe someone doing a search for mounting a winch will find this useful. After using both of them for several years, I much prefer the homemade mount. The Jake's mount does a lot of bouncing and isn't as strong either.
Thanks for the info, not sure if I am going to do a winch, but if I do I will refer to your post for mounting.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:23 PM   #110
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

DONE!!!!!!

I just ordered the Huntin Buggie package from ScottyB's website. $578 shipped to my work.

Insert meme about sneaking stuff past your wife here.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO