lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Default Clone Oil filter

I've been reading raydhd thread about the magnetized oil dipstick. I drilled a 1/8th hole from the out side but not all the way through of one of the oil drain plugs on my 460 and inserted a 1/8 X 5/16 rare earth magnet into the hole. It magnetizes the whole drain plug and by doing it this way there is no chance of the magnet coming loose inside the engine. Trouble is I forgot to check that plug when I changed the oil day before yesterday. I have a drainzit hose connected to the other drain hole to make changing oil less messy and easier to do. I believe in using good synthetic oil (Mobil1 EP 5w30)drained and replaced often. Like every 10 to 15 hours of run time. I'm also adding a couple ounces of Lucas enhanced with zddp oil additive with each oil change.
Where I'm going with this is a question that Shepard asked a while back about adding an electric oil pump along with an oil filter to my engine. Maybe not run the oil pump until the engine gets warmed up, maybe just wire it to come on when I start the engine. Not sure which yet.

Here is a picture of the oil pump I'm thinking of buying for this. The pumps sell for around 60 bucks and an oil filter mount is another 25 or so. So for around one Benjamin total I can add an oil filter to my engine.

What do you guys/gals think about this idea?

I really really want this engine to last and feel that anything I can do within reason to ensure that it does is money well spent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 460 oil pump.jpg (108.4 KB, 0 views)
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps