lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
Michael Reese
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble Installing Club Car Precedent Light Kit

I am installing a Club Car Precedent Light Kit for a 2008 Club Car Precedent. I have installed the front and rear lights and hooked up the fuse wire to the #4 battery and I have no lights, front or rear. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Michael Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trouble Installing Club Car Precedent Light Kit

With so little information let me take a stab at it. You hooked up the red fuse wire but did you hook the black neg wire?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

S/N please...??? Just out of curiosity...did your cart come with a factory supplied light harness or was the light harness an add on ? It seems CC stopped supplying a factory harness with the 2008 1/2 (appx. mid year production) model year...
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
trainsafe
Getting Wild
Club Car

check all the plug connections to the bucket harness and make sure they are tight.

I'm assuming (I know. . . ) that you have 4 x 12v batteries, right? Did you connect the + fused wire and the negative to the same battery?

Did you mount the switch in the dash? You could bypass the switch to rule it out. Just short the two terminals together.

Do you have a voltmeter? If so, check for voltage at the fuse, at the switch, then at the bucket harness.
trainsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car